Let's get this party started!!!

Options
Hi! My name is Angela and I'm a chunky chic!! Lol......I did Weight Watchers for about two years and I did lose down ALMOST to my goal weight, but then the economy happened and I had to cut out quite a bit of things that I used to like to do. No, that doesn't mean that I had to go and GAIN back the 50 lbs I had already lost, but I did....Sooooo, here's the deal...I'm a single mother of a teenage boy that eats like a HORSE and a pre-teen daughter that is BEYOND picky....(meaning, if it doesn't include pizza or mac-n-cheese, she ain't eatin' it! lol) I'm the only person in the house that thinks that salads are awesome, but I don't eat enough of them to even justify purchasing the stuff to make them...lol I'm looking to start this up and I'm really looking forward to losing some of this weight and being able to walk from the car to the church withOUT getting winded.....

So, if there are any out there that are willing to help me out, I'll be sure to return the favor....I have little to none when it comes to motivation and I'm usually playing taxi to one of the numerous events my children are involved in....I'm looking for ideas also that will help me incorporate more GOOD stuff into my children's diets as well...Stuff that I don't have to go out and buy half the store to make...lol

Anyway, let's just see what happens.....I am hoping and praying to lose the first 2 pounds this week!!! :smile:

Replies

• BProudOfU
    BProudOfU Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck with your journey. I know how it is being a single parent of teenagers. Been there and one still lives at home.
  • CatMauro
    CatMauro Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Look into the cookbook "Deceptively Delicious". It sneeks in all sorts of fruit, veggies and meat into unassuming foods that your kids might acually eat. As for the picky 14 year old, if you don't buy it, she can't eat it and she'll fingure out pretty fast that it's either eat what's in the fridge/pantry or go hungry. She will not starve I assure you. No 14 year old is more stubborn than her stomach.
  • sherrylhoward
    sherrylhoward Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I have just started using MFP again after using Livestrong and previously WW! I do love the encouragement and motivation I get here!

Good Luck on your journey!!
  • MyNewNirvana
    Options
    welcome and best of luck!!! i totally agree with what catherine said as well. my children do not always like when they think we are eating "healthy" because they assume that means the food will not be good. that isn't the case and they will eat what you buy or fix. they will not go hungry for long even if they do protest at first. God bless!!!!