Two weeks of diet and no weight loss

Options
Hello,I’m in a tough spot,I’m struggling with motivation after two weeks of dieting,barely eating 1200 calories I gained 1kg/2lbs...
I have no idea why is this happening and is really getting to me not seeing the numbers on the scale move.
Has anyone struggled with this?What could I do ?

Replies

• Mustana07
    Mustana07 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I use a scale for my food.Im sure I’m logging everything accurately.Im most definitely not at a healthy weight,I’m considered obese,I weigh 87kilos at the moment...the most I ever weighed.I had a baby a year ago and not even when I was pregnant I wasn’t this weight.I lost all the baby right away but instead I gained about 10-15kg in the last year.
  • Mustana07
    Options
    I always weigh myself in the morning after using the bathroom and measure the food cooked.
    I think I’m doing the right things.
    Thank you for the answers,I will do my best to keep going,is hard because no one expects to gain weight while dieting:)) never happened to me before,I always lost like 5kg in the first month.
  • Mustana07
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    Did you start a new exercise program at the same time? Because that can cause temporary water retention.
    Another possibility, since you are a woman, is that your monthly cycle is causing temporary water retention. For women, it's usually recommended to track for 4-6 weeks to evaluate your weight loss and make necessary changes.

Aside from that, I'm wondering if you haven't chosen a weight loss rate that is too agressive. 1200 calories really is the bare minimum for women and is usually only appropriate for small, sedentary women.
    I started my weight loss at 94kg, and even now at 80kg I'm eating way more than 1200 calories and still losing weight.
    I don’t exercise at all,I’m dealing with some heart problems and before I sort that I can’t exercise but not only I don’t exercise I don’t move a lot at all because I have a baby and I’m mostly stuck next to her.It could be my monthly problem... I really don’t know what to say or think .
    With 1200 calories I eat enough healthy foods to feel full but if I feel like my body needs more I will eat more .
  • pitponies
    pitponies Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Mustano,
    I know that your weight must feel a lot for you as you are used to weighing substantially less it seems, but it isn't huge.
    I also don't know your age and this makes an incredible difference!
    I have dieted practically every spring for most of my adult life because otherwise I couldn't look they way I want to in the summer here. When I was in my late teens and twenties I used to calorie count and eat 1000 calories a day. Then when I got older I used slimming world in the UK which is similar to weight watchers. I got used to eating much larger amounts of filling but relatively healthy food and the weight still came off predictably. I knew then that if I stuck to it I lost about 2lbs a week (about a kg) over the whole 2-3 month period. Once I hit 50 this was no longer working for me and I have to calorie count. 1200 per day on my fitness pal works pretty good. I also like you can add any exercise.
    Anyway to get to the point I wanted to make, I still try to bulk on loads of salads and vegetables, lean protein/fish. very little carbs .
    I am a pescatarian anyway, so love prawns, salmon. I don't eat any potatoes, bread when dieting. Sometimes a small bowl of porridge.
    Obviously I don't know why you haven't lost as much as you hoped, and I know this is soul destroying when you know you are sticking to it. Don't go under the 1200 calories because sometimes not eating enough actually halts things for a while. Try to keep on the move even if only housework etc.
    I tend to try to eat everything between 12 noon and 8 pm, like a mini fast, but I am never hungry first thing anyway. It will come off, please don't get disheartened, you need to find what works for you. Try changing you food diary around a bit. Best of luck
    Linda
  • Mustana07
    Options
    Ty for the nice message Linda.
    I’m 31 years old.
    Not only that I didn’t lost but I gained 2lbs ...maybe is water retention maybe my body doesn really wanna let the weight go ...
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Try not to give scale too much thought, our weight fluctuates so much from day to day for a variety of reasons. If you are faithfully being accurate at logging and eating the calories you are, weight loss will happen.

All the best but do come back and update us in a few weeks - by then you really should have seen a loss.
  • Mustana07
    Options
    I will be back for sure also I have an apoiment on Friday to see a nutritionist..maybe I will have an answer by then.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Anyone got the flowchart handy?
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »

Here ya go!

vbhxcedvfz4e.jpg

OP, your answer is somewhere in here ^^^
  • Mustana07
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »

Here ya go!

vbhxcedvfz4e.jpg

OP, your answer is somewhere in here ^^^

Thank you!!
    I think I must pay my endocrinologist a visit soon.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    After tightening up on my diet it took an entire month for me to see any progress. And my weight went up before it started going down. So if you have no health issues/concerns then I would say give it some time and stay consistent, be patient and don't throw in the towel.

And everything that flow chart says!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Double check the entries you are using in the database, most are user entered and can be wrong. Avoid entries that say "Homemade" or "generic", avoid entries that are recipe style like "homemade mac & cheese" unless you've created the entry yourself. I'm not familiar with many of the foods you're logging, but I saw a couple that looked suspect.

Make sure you are logging everything - condiments, cooking oils, beverages, cheat meals, cooking nibbles, late night snacks, bad days that go off the rails, everything.

Don't log a medium banana, find an entry that uses grams and weigh that sucker.

You might not have to be that careful a logger forever, but a few weeks of it can really help you get a better feel for how much you're eating.

Good luck!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    I took a look at your food diary and am curious about your entry for "Homeade - Ground Turkey and Vegetable Skillet" as it is in milliliters. Did you create that entry or is it something you found in the database? If you created it, why use ml rather than grams? If you didn't create it, it may have no resemblance to the food you actually ate.
  • Mustana07
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I took a look at your food diary and am curious about your entry for "Homeade - Ground Turkey and Vegetable Skillet" as it is in milliliters. Did you create that entry or is it something you found in the database? If you created it, why use ml rather than grams? If you didn't create it, it may have no resemblance to the food you actually ate.
    I found out on the app,the food I made was only ground turkey with onions,carrots and peas and I’m sure the calories I ate were less than what I added that is why I didn’t payed much attention to what I added,initially I used the cup measurement because I couldn’t find it in grams,I had like 160grams of that.