What prompts a friend request

Options

Replies

• mada2u1984
    mada2u1984 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    mada2u1984 wrote: »
    I am open to have any and all friends for support during my fitness journey but a few DN inappropriate comments then I must un-friend. I have made some good connections with support and encouragement with my fitness journey so I would say be open to all but be selective if they cross a boundary you have.

I have a feeling you may have a few request coming shortly
    Lol all our welcome and so love to support others in their own journeys. We all have our paths to walk and it always goes a bit easier having someone to cheer u on and really hope u make it too.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    I am open to have any and all friends for support during my fitness journey but a few DN inappropriate comments then I must un-friend. I have made some good connections with support and encouragement with my fitness journey so I would say be open to all but be selective if they cross a boundary you have.

I still may have a shot here...

What's DN mean? 🤔
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,148 Member
    Options
    I rarely send FR ...but I do accept all ....and deny no one ...that is how I roll :p
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Will sometimes accept with poem attached
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options

Freestyle raps count right !?
  • mada2u1984
    Options

What's DN mean? 🤔
    That was suppose to be DM not DN 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

Freestyle raps count right !?

Yes, absolutely
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options

What's DN mean? 🤔

So I get at least a few though right? 🤷🏽‍♂️😂...
  • AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    If I said I was a woman. I bet I would get a lot of FR.

But seriously though. I send them if I feel I can have a good conversation with the person.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,845 Member
    Options
    When I’ve talked to them in forums for a long time and they haven’t taken the initiative to send me one.

I’m looking at you @slimgirljo15

I think I’ve sent like 2 in 649 days on MFP 😅
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    he thinks you’re all a bunch of pervs

He is correct.

• Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    I accept FR's because if they go thru the effort of asking why not right? 🤷...I dig my friends but many have never said a peep to me and that's cool too....its not like I have to cook and clean up after them😏

I think I've sent out maybe 10 FRs to people I've known from past lives and I have about 180 friends lol....Im really happy to have most of them and SO glad they reached out..because I'm shy and afraid of rejection and alot of them are my most cherished pals💗....but I won't usually send one unless like I said I've known them before and then tough *kitten* they have to accept or I'll haunt their *kitten* until they do😋.....they know the drill😏

Oh I've only had to block one person and I think they were a troll so no hard feelings lol 🤷
  • justinewillcutyou
    justinewillcutyou Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Usually if I regularly see someone being funny or kind on the forums or on friends posts.
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new and getting involved. I typically look to see if they have similar goals but pretty open to friends.
  • DoomSlayer2020
    DoomSlayer2020 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'll send one out to anyone and will accept anyone. I'm not picky. I rather accept people that will talk tho, most people disappear after a few weeks and then that's it. They're gone forever lol
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    When I’ve talked to them in forums for a long time and they haven’t taken the initiative to send me one.

I’m looking at you @slimgirljo15

I think I’ve sent like 659 in 2 days on MFP 😅

Fify
  • mada2u1984
    Options

What's DN mean? 🤔

Lol a few what?
  • cowsfan12
    Options

What's DN mean? 🤔

Lol a few what?

Dm’s - he would like a few DM’s - specifically from you -

At least that’s how I understand it .. correct if I’m wrong mr habits
  • cowsfan12
    Options
    Usually if I regularly see someone being funny or kind on the forums or on friends posts.

I agree with Justine on this 👆

Then why I ain’t got an FR from either of you 🤔😜
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    cdubks88 wrote: »
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    I rarely send friend requests. If I do, it's usually to someone I've interacted with in the forums or through mutual friends.
    I rarely except unless we've interacted, mutual friends, or cash is involved. 😁

That reminds me, I probably still owe you some money.....😁😆😆😁

There is a late charge. 😂😉

*Hides
    Mornin J. 🤗. The check is in the mail. 😂