ok question about exercise dvds

Options
Ok i have picked up two new dvds to try but i was wondering if anyone has tried them and what they thought I mean overweight or obesed people Howd they work for u ? Dah i need to tell u which dvds lol i got biggest loser and jillians 30 day shred k thanks lol:embarassed:

Replies

• kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Have tried 30DS, it's good! You have to stick with it though. You're doing he same routine every day until you level up, so get involved with the community here, get support, and complete the program. :)
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Love 30DS, but it does get boring after a while. Tried to do it a second time and just couldn't stand it anymore.
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Which ones are they? I like to do them when I cant get to the gym which lately has been alot lately, I think you have to start off slow and not try to go as fast as they do in the video or dont be as exact, do the modified version usually they have at least one person ding the same thing but easier. Also when I was just beginning I bought Leslie Sansone's indoor walking ones they were pretty good and gave me a good workout, just start out slow and you will build up to it, even doing that you are still moving and getting your exercise. if you do the same one in just 3-4 weeks time you will really see the endurance getting better and you will be getting better at the workout
  • CatseyeHardcast
    CatseyeHardcast Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    30 day shred is great....then again so is anything that encourages more exercise. Exercise DVDs are great for a quick no brainer work out. I have a few for when I either don't want to go out, or don't want to think to hard about my exercise routine.

Keep in mind though weight loss is 90% nutrition, 10% exercise. (That said the benefits of exercise go far beyond weight loss)
  • kathunni
    Options
    Hi, I am on day 6 of the 30 day shred, it is really hard but so worth it, I can tell a difference already and all you need are dumbells. Im not obese but I know a couple of people who are and they are doing this dvd with great results, good luck!
  • kathunni
    Options
    30 day shred is great....then again so is anything that encourages more exercise. Exercise DVDs are great for a quick no brainer work out. I have a few for when I either don't want to go out, or don't want to think to hard about my exercise routine.

Keep in mind though weight loss is 90% nutrition, 10% exercise. (That said the benefits of exercise go far beyond weight loss)
    well said
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    go to the message boards and look under success stories - search 30 day shred - it's VERY popular here. I'm doing it this month (on my 2nd day)
    I've heard it's supposed to be an 'easy' workout - I don't know if I'd ever be able to do the 'hard' ones LOL
    Don't know about the biggest loser one - the crunch DVDs are pretty intense. I think the Prevention workouts are dull
  • ursula0601k
    ursula0601k Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Take your time with both of them. If u r not used to working out it will be tough at first. Just don't get discouraged and do as much as u can. There is no shame in building up your endurance until you can complete the levels. The first time I did the Shred and the Biggest Loser dvd I thought I would die. But it does get easier! Both r great workout dvds. Good luck and have fun!
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I hated the Biggest Loser workouts b/c I felt the people in the back ground were very distracting & not always in good form. The 30 Day Shred is my favorite but you will really have a tough workout. Don't get frustrated and make sure you stick with it. The results are worth it!