Does anyone else find it so boring and uninspiring to keep track of all your meals/calories.

Options
I went to do it the other day because I don’t really keep much track of things I just workout and that’s it I never really keep track. I went to write out what I normally have in a day and just got so bored and gave up.

Replies

• leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    If you don't need to, don't do it.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I largely use the recipe tool to input my recipes and then I just log those. It's just necessary admin.
  • maisita509
    maisita509 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I don't mind it when it's something that's easily searchable. But I do get impatient and a bit stressed when it's something I can't readily calculate. Example: today I had a tomato and meatball soup for lunch, from a cafe where I normally have my lunch. I know the owner, and I know how she cooks. Her soups are generally very low fat, and she uses good ingredients. Plus, knowing I'm trying to lose weight, she'll suggest food that she knows would help me. But my point is, I have to estimate how many calories a dish would be, and that stresses me out. So partly I do understand the boredom and stress, but at the same time, logging does help me personally avoid that extra snack or the extra helping of something.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Not at all, I'm a geek for data.