EASY yummy breakfast idea!

Options
My husband and I have a super good, super easy breakfast!
We have this almost every day!:wink:

1 piece high fiber bread toasted
when done top with 1/4 C lowfat cottage cheese
then either sprinkle with cinnamon and stevia
or a low sugar or sugarless jam

It is really yummy and really holds us over until lunch!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• misty_meadows15
    Options
    oh yum. Thanks for posting:)
  • gacolin
    Options
    Here is another idea I use. 1 egg, 2 egg whites, half a portabella mushroom, cut up onions and red pepper omlette. 115 calories.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    You had me until the cinnamon or jam... Cottage chese is a savory for me :ohwell:

I love 3 crispbreads (Rivita do a delicious one with cracked black pepper) each with cottage cheese then a slice of smoked salmon on top.

Or a 2-egg scramble with smoked salmon or a slice or two of lean applewood smoked ham chopped into it.:tongue:
  • njfitnessgirl
    Options
    This sounds really good. I'm going to have to try this one.
  • WillbeWilma
    WillbeWilma Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Poached egg (1min in microwave) with black pepper on caraway rye bread and glass of fresh fruit juice. It's hard to argue about not hahaving time for breakfast when it takes a min to make :)
  • chyloet
    chyloet Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Even yummier and pretty easy as well ... 1 whole wheat english muffin 2 egg whites fresh basil and thinly sliced tomatoe ... you can add some mozzarella if you can afford it in your daily count :) but it's very delish on its own. I buy the carton of egg whites and measure 2 eggs worth in round custard dish (spray w pan spray 1st otherwise it sticks like a mutha) cook 1 min per egg. I put the muffin in the toaster before the egg in the microwave that way it's all done at about the same time ... 2 mins. Easy Cheesy :)
  • janetb21
    janetb21 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I love a piece of toasted whole grain bread with lowfat cotttage cheese, a sliced tomato and some dill weed, salt and pepper.
  • zoegoodlife
    Options
    YUM! Great ideas! I love easy in the AM! :laugh:
  • melyhegedu
    melyhegedu Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I like nonfat ricotta cheese on toast. It also makes a great snack with some Splenda and almond extract.
  • goingcrazy951
    Options
    I love bagel thins (110 cal) with laughing cow cheese spread on it and a side of fruit! YUM

Fiber One cereal (any of them are great but I really like the new one Honey Squares that is 80 cal a serving!) with banana and unsweetened vanilla almond breeze or fat free milk

Breakfast Scramble made with:
    - 3 center cut pieces of bacon (70 cal)
    - 1/2 cup of southwestern egg beater (60 cal)
    - 2/3 cup Ore Ida Potatoes O'brien with onion and peppers (60 cal)
    - 2 Tbsp of light sour cream (40 cal)
    - red pepper flakes
    - chili sauce (optional)
    - you could also add salsa
    230 Calories total

Hope this gives you a few ideas