Instapot blender

Options
So I saw this new blender from instapot. It looks interesting has a cool function for soup. Does anyone have one? I make soups, dressings etc so I think it might be handy.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I don't really eat enough pureed soups to justify a whole appliance just to do them. This review doesn't sound at all impressive (difficult to clean, only three speeds, doesn't suck ingredients into the "vortex" well).

This is colored by the fact that I've already got a fantastic blender. I don't think it would be worth trading down ease of cleaning and quality of blending just for a heating element.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen it, but what makes it different from a "regular" blender? Any blender should be able to handle soups.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    It has a heating element
    puffbrat wrote: »
    I haven't seen it, but what makes it different from a "regular" blender? Any blender should be able to handle soups.

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    It has a heating element

You made me curious so I looked it up. Personally I still thinks it a bit hyped and wouldn't interest me. For the soup/heating element aspect in particular - you can only use that feature with a present blending mode and it occasionally blends while cooking. That's just weird to me. I don't own an Instapot or crock pot of any kind, so cook soups in a stepwise fashion. I don't just put all the ingredients in and walk away. I first cook one or two things, then add a couple more, then the rest. I don't think this blender would allow for that.

This was the most comprehensive review I read: https://www.bonappetit.com/story/instant-pot-ace-blender-review
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    It has a heating element

You made me curious so I looked it up. Personally I still thinks it a bit hyped and wouldn't interest me. For the soup/heating element aspect in particular - you can only use that feature with a present blending mode and it occasionally blends while cooking. That's just weird to me. I don't own an Instapot or crock pot of any kind, so cook soups in a stepwise fashion. I don't just put all the ingredients in and walk away. I first cook one or two things, then add a couple more, then the rest. I don't think this blender would allow for that.

This was the most comprehensive review I read: https://www.bonappetit.com/story/instant-pot-ace-blender-review

Yes, and for people who are interested in cooking soups all at once, it's easier to just pop an immersion blender into a regular Instant Pot once it's done cooking, I think.

I'm just not clear what particular *need* this product is solving for.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    I like my Vitamix. No thanks for that one.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,426 Member
    Options
    Vitamix will “cook” soup. In other words, you blend it for seven minutes and the friction heats it to near boiling.

Tried it once. My ears bled, all the cats went into hiding, the bird screamed his head off, and my husband developed a sudden need to leave the house.

I’d rather make it in a pan or a real Instant Pot.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    Where's the love for a big pot on the hob with a huge soup cooking away? This looks terrible to be honest, and I'm not sure you can get the right taste in just a few minutes. Plus about 1.5l soup? What do you do with the leftover cooking ingredients?
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I actually have this blender and love it. It's a step up from my $30 Walmart Oster but more affordable to me than a Vitamix. Mine was a gift on Black Friday for around $40.

I haven't used it for soups but use it daily for my bulleproof-ish coffee. I also use it for making powdered sugars, crushing nuts and cookies (for desserts), almond milk, and frozen fruit smoothies.

My Oster's ring kept fracturing because of the hot coffee and my old ninja seal repeatedly melted because of my mct oil. This one hasn't had any issues so I'm very happy.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I love my instant pot so I had to check this out. It actually looks like it has great reviews on amazon. While it is a little pricey for me, if I had the extra money I would definitely buy it or put it on my wish list :) I would love to try and make almond milk for sure. I currently make soups in the instant pot and blend with an immersion hand blender.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,426 Member
    Options
    I used to use a ninja bullet type to make almond milk. Hafta say, the vitamix really upped that game. Much faster in quantity (I usually make two quarts at a time), and lot less waste.
  • aries68mc
    aries68mc Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    If I didn't have a Vitamix, I might try this, but I wouldn't trade my Vitamix for anything.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    megemrj wrote: »
    I actually have this blender and love it. It's a step up from my $30 Walmart Oster but more affordable to me than a Vitamix. Mine was a gift on Black Friday for around $40.

I haven't used it for soups but use it daily for my bulleproof-ish coffee. I also use it for making powdered sugars, crushing nuts and cookies (for desserts), almond milk, and frozen fruit smoothies.

My Oster's ring kept fracturing because of the hot coffee and my old ninja seal repeatedly melted because of my mct oil. This one hasn't had any issues so I'm very happy.

See we have the ninja pro which I love but I cannot use the blender or processor only the mix cup ( which I make my keto coffee in) the blender n processor are missing some kind of seal ring ☹️. I would of course love a vitamix but probably this is within my price range.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    *Instant Pot