Getting bigger 😩

amioc
amioc Posts: 175 Member
I’ve been going to the gym for around 6 months now and lifting weights for around 3-4 months. My goal has been to loose weight while maintaining muscle for a more toned look. My problem is I seem to be getting bigger. My top half is wider especially from one shoulder to the other and my legs an bum are getting bigger 😕 please could someone give me some advice?

Replies

• amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Are you tracking what you are eating? Do you weigh all your solids to the g and measure all your liquids that contain calories?

How many calories does mfp give you for losing 1 lb a week? Are you only eating back half tour exercise calories?
    Are you using a trend app like libta or happy scale to see weight trending lines?

Do all these things persistently for a month or more and you will lose weight.
  • CoreyLust
    CoreyLust Posts: 42 Member
    amioc wrote: »
    I’ve been going to the gym for around 6 months now and lifting weights for around 3-4 months. My goal has been to loose weight while maintaining muscle for a more toned look. My problem is I seem to be getting bigger. My top half is wider especially from one shoulder to the other and my legs an bum are getting bigger 😕 please could someone give me some advice?

You're eating in a calorie surplus. You need to eat less calories.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Is your weight going up? Are your measurements going up?
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,515 Member
    Sounds great, keep it up! Can you squat your weight yet?