Which program do i choose?

Options
I am considering starting a Beach Body program as a beginner, but have no clue which to start with: here is what I am thinking of doing

Turbo Jam
Slim in 6
Power 90

could anyone please provide info on each if you have done them.... such as the schedule, time required of each, likes and dislikes... ANY details.

thanks in advance!!

Replies

• mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    My wife had huge success with Slim in 6, and we are both on P90X and feeling better after just one week... I think you cannot go wrong with any exercise program that incorporates a good diet.
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • CoachMaritova
    CoachMaritova Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I love them all!!!

Seriously... I'm not just saying that!
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I have both turbo jam and slim in 6. I never actually followed the whole program as it is set up but have done all of the workouts along with my other routines in the past. Out of those two, I prefer TurboJam. It's just a lot of fun, very dancy and I just love the instructor's personality. It fuses kickboxing, dance and martial arts so if you like that kind of stuff then you would enjoy it. The instructor also has two people in the videos who do modified versions of the moves that are lower impact, especially for people who have knee problems. Slim in 6 was a little too slow for me so I got bored with it. Turbo Jam comes with 6 workouts including an instructional video, a 20 minute workout for when you don't have time and a video for strength training where you use dumbells. The routines are not hard at all and I think it's perfect for a beginner. The longest video is 50 minutes but some are 30, 40, 45 and again there is a 20 minute video.

Which program you choose really depends on your goals. Turbojam is more for cardio and P90 is more for strength training and building muscles.

You said you are a beginner so if you are new to working out I think you can't go wrong with something like slim in 6 or turbojam or even some of the Jillian Michael's programs and of course proper diet. I wouldn't jump into anything extreme like P90X or Insanity. I think you can incorporate those later as you build your endurance and strength.

Good luck to you!
  • neva4saken
    neva4saken Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    i have p90x and after just one week i feel totally different the poly-metrics works you in a way gym doesnt a combo of both is great
  • Enginette
    Enginette Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I would be excited to help you!

How would you consider your current fitness level? Have you been working out already and are just looking to step it up a bit? If this is true, you cannot go wrong with any of the three you listed. I personally do not have experience with any of these programs; however, my parents use Slim in 6 and LOVE IT!

With Turbo Jam, the workouts are 20-45 minutes long and incorporates kickboxing in the routines.

Slim in 6 workouts are from 25 to 50 minutes long and incorporates light resistance training along with cardio.

Power 90 workouts are from 35 to 45 minutes long and is considered a 90-day boot camp that includes circuit-training.

As far as cost goes (if this is a consideration), they are all priced the same at $59.85. You may want to look at the equipment that is recommended and what each program includes in the way of equipment. In any case, you will get a comprehensive package that includes the fitness video as well as a nutritional plan to help you reach your goals.

I hope this helps! I am an Independent Beachbody Coach, so if there is any other questions you may have, let me know! I'd love to help you with your goals, so send me a Buddy Request if you are already on TeamBeachbody.com
  • Enginette
    Enginette Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Sorry...what does "bump" mean?
  • Alycra
    Alycra Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have done P90. I loved it. I find Tony Horton fun.
    I am doing the P90 masters series right now, because I didn't feel prepared for the P90X - Yet.

I didn't do the program as set out, but I do the workouts on schedule. I am sold on the program. I have the series lined up in my mind to complete :)
  • sarahbeatty
    sarahbeatty Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    How would you consider your current fitness level? Have you been working out already and are just looking to step it up a bit?

** Currently I am in good cardio shape- i usually do 4 miles on an elliptical trainer in 40-50 minutes, and i walk approximately 2 miles a day at lunch

Thanks for your reply! I appreciate any and all info. I have a coach, just trying to decide what is right for me... I know i wanna lose approx 30 lbs and tone up; DIET had been my enemy, and probably why I am a little overwheight, but ever since MFP, i have really made some significant changes, and I have no doubt it will show with my exercise program too...
  • Alycra
    Alycra Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I need to lose quite a bit of weight. I will say when I started P90 my fitness level was low. Desk job poor eating and such took its toll on me.

I can say, despite the amount of weight I am looking to lose I feel much more in shape I have in many years. I defintely worked my way up to it. I feel fantastic. I look forward to working out. I am more flexible than I have ever been (even when I was my ideal weight).

I can't speak for all of the BB products, but I know that Tony Horton gives a ton of modifications, encouragement to pause and take breaks if needed, and gerneral laughter in most of the videos that has made it easy to work up to the level you want to be. P90 has actually moved from "ugh I have to exercise" to being excited to do it :)
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    i love anything by chalene johnson.

turbo jam doesn't really have a "schedule" but it's super fun and there are a lot of different ones to do.

turbo fire is a program ranging from 12 weeks to 20 weeks and i LOVE it. i just did 10 weeks and lost 17lbs and 25.25 inches.

turbo kick is a program right in between turbo jam and turbo fire but geared towards those that have been doing turbos for a while.

chalean extreme is also by chalene johnson and it's mainly weight training and good for increasing your lean muscle mass.

a lot of people like p90x but it's too many push ups and pull ups for me and i don't have a pull up bar anymore.

insanity is intense anaerobic exercise that's circuit training and lots of resistance training.

good luck!
  • Losin_N_2018
    Losin_N_2018 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I purchased the Slim 6 and wished I purchased the Turbo Jam. Slim 6 to me is like . . . "1 & 2 & 3" where Turbo Jam is like . . . ."Wooo shake it 1, do you feel it 2, now lets kick it to 3".
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I've have TurboJam, Hip hop Abs, TurboFire, Insanity, and P90X; I've tried some Power90, Chalean Extreme and Brazilian Butt Lift. I absolutely LOVE Beachbody programs!! I'm completely hooked!

I'm currently doing a hybrid of TurboFire and P90X. Next, I'll do a round of Insanity, then I'm on to do P90X2 and TurboFire (hybrid).

It really depends on what you enjoy doing and the support network you build to keep you going. I love Tony Horton and as mentioned before, you can modify just about everything in the routines. I haven't personally tried Slim in 6, but a good friend of mine lives by it. She lost a good amount of weight following Slim in 6 and taking Activit and the Slimming Formula by Beachbody. TurboJam and TurboFire have a strong cardio kickboxing emphasis while incorporating dance and Capoeira martial arts as well. Great fun!! What I love most about TurboFire is the option to substitute a HIIT routine (either 15 min or 20 min in the basic set) for the longer routines if you're pressed for time. They give you a GREAT workout!!
  • aliciarenee79
    aliciarenee79 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am on day 50 of power 90. I like it but have gotten completely sick of the cardio dvd. I am doing a hybrid with it and turbo jam, sort of. I do the weight workout from p90 3x a week and do whatever I feel like for cardio 3-4 x a week. Today I went on an hour and half long hike. Some cardio days I do zumba or a random workout from ondemand.

All of these programs will work for you but if you get bored don't be afraid to change it up.
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Sorry...what does "bump" mean?

"Bring up My Post" bump. These threads rotate off very quickly so we use bump to log it on "My Topics" page listed under the community page. You can use it again later to kick the thread back up to the top. You would do that instead of a comment if you want information and have nothing to add to the thread. I am thinking about getting one of these programs but I want more information so I will look back to see what people have written.