Food binge cope

Options
Male 19 years old 5 foot 11 inches was 150 pounds but after this week I’m scared to check. I’ve been lifting at walking around 10,000 steps a day. I went from 196 to 150 pounds just off calorie restriction and cardio over the course of 6 months During the weight loss faze I was probably eating around 1500- 1700 cals a day. And ever since I’ve incorporated weights my hunger has just shot through the roof. I’ve had two days this week where I’ve eaten 5,000 calories (binge) and then the other days where around 2500 - 3000 calories. I feel like s*** but I guess the main issue is I just don’t know what I’m doing in terms of proper nutrition. I don’t want to get fat again, and I won’t let myself get to that point. I’m seeing a nutritionist on Tuesday in hopes of proper guidance. I just needed to post this to be accountable, I need to find balance and not restrict or binge but just find a happy medium.

Replies

• Jmoney711
    Jmoney711 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the reply the support really helps. I’ve just come so far, my family says I look great and that I have abs but I can’t see it. It’s almost as if I see myself from the perspective of my start weight if that makes sense. I’m looking forward to my visit with a nutritionist.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    Options
    You're welcome. :flowerforyou:

You're at the low end of your healthy BMI so you can relax now, really. I know it takes a while for the brain and eyes to catch up to the reality. Your family is probably starting to worry a little about you if you are vebalizing being afraid to eat or any other indications that you aren't in "reality." We all get a bit weird with weight loss and sometimes it takes other people around us saying, "Hey. You may be obsessing just a tad bit." I don't know if that's true of you or not, just saying that sometimes other people see things we just can't because we're too close to it.

Your weight-lifting sounds like the best possible plan. Keep eating!
  • Jmoney711
    Options
    Yes they were concerned with my relationship with food, I never would go out to eat with them and I always had to track exactly what was going into my mouth. I stopped cooking with oils and all that stuff. Finally I just gave out. And hopefully my body image from my perspective gets better with time.
  • Jmoney711
    Options
    Thank you so much for this post, I greatly appreciate it.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Hey, Jmoney - how'd the appointment with the nutritionist go?
  • Jmoney711
    Options
    Hey @cmriverside I got my metabolic rate tested and I was not surprised that with the caloric restriction I put myself through my resting metabolic rate is 1270 calories. That number should be 1800 as that is the average for someone with my age height and weight. I am on a plan to slowly increase caloric intake with no less than 2500 calories daily. So hopefully overtime my body will adjust and get back to normal. Thank you for keeping tabs on my situation it means a lot.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    :) I'm glad you got some direction.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    Hey, it happens. Hate to admit it but I “binged” today... between stress and exhaustion, I caved. What I ate wasn’t necessarily unhealthy by any means, but ate past the point to comfort. I’m disappointed in myself, sure. But I’m not angry. I let it happen. The feeling will pass. The food will be used for energy. All I can do is recognize WHY it happens and move on. One day won’t through me off in the long run.