Stretch marks

Options
What are some inexpensive items that I could use? I tent to lose and gain weight and the strecth marks keep increasing.

Cocoa butter?? what else?

Replies

• DestinyDarbi
    DestinyDarbi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I use Bio Oil. I have a small bottle.. It was maybe $10?? But it goes a LONG way and has worked wonders. It's maybe a 4 ounce bottle and has lasted me 7 months! Not only do my stretch marks look WAY better, but it has helped tighten the loose skin as well.
  • wantconfidence
    Options
    i have em too sigh its as if they appeared overnight need to get rid of these ugly things
  • ritajean3
    ritajean3 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Vitamin E oil is supposed to be good for scarring
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    Options
    I use Bio Oil. I have a small bottle.. It was maybe $10?? But it goes a LONG way and has worked wonders. It's maybe a 4 ounce bottle and has lasted me 7 months! Not only do my stretch marks look WAY better, but it has helped tighten the loose skin as well.

I don't have many (what I do have are faded), but I will look into this!! Maybe it will help them disappear even more!
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I've been using Avon Skin So Soft Perfecting Oil, and have noticed significant improvement on my stretch mark covered belly.
  • isyslove
    isyslove Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've been using Avon Skin So Soft Perfecting Oil, and have noticed significant improvement on my stretch mark covered belly.

I think I have and oil that you use for the shower, would that be it?
  • isyslove
    Options

Wow!! that is a very reasonable price for such a long time hehe. I was going to get the cocoa butter from the Body Shop for 18 dlls and the Bio Oil sounds cheaper and as if its going to last longer. Thanks :D
  • tina2222
    Options
    i had really bad stretch marks after my pregnancy on my boobs, hips and tummy, i bought some boutique professional microdermabrasion cream 50g off www.trademe.co.nz (like a new zealand ebay - and they ship overseas) it was $49.95NZD so it will be less than that where you are from.it lasts 2 months and comes with a moituriser. you can use it on acne and lots of other skin problems too. Now my stretch marks are nearly gone and i highly recommend it!
  • isyslove
    Options
    Vitamin E oil is supposed to be good for scarring

Would I be able to find that at for example CVS Pharmacy, Wal-mart? ... Oh yeah, Vit E does help heal scars :o

• isyslove
    Options
    i had really bad stretch marks after my pregnancy on my boobs, hips and tummy, i bought some boutique professional microdermabrasion cream 50g off www.trademe.co.nz (like a new zealand ebay - and they ship overseas) it was $49.95NZD so it will be less than that where you are from.it lasts 2 months and comes with a moituriser. you can use it on acne and lots of other skin problems too. Now my stretch marks are nearly gone and i highly recommend it!

Oh wow! I will definetly look into that. Thanks :DD
  • MissInce26
    MissInce26 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    if your stretch marks are silver white in colour they are there to stay im afraid!!! only expensive treatments such as lazer treatments will help.I have lots of these and they do seem to shrink as i lose weight but still there.
    The red or purple ones are a good sign this means blood is still flowing to them creams such as coco butter and bio oil will help but really its massage that will get rid of them spend at least 10 min rubbing them twice a day keep blood flowing to them so ur skin adjusts to ur weight gain/loss and they will dissapear.
  • Autumn15
    Options
    if your stretch marks are silver white in colour they are there to stay im afraid!!! only expensive treatments such as lazer treatments will help.I have lots of these and they do seem to shrink as i lose weight but still there.
    The red or purple ones are a good sign this means blood is still flowing to them creams such as coco butter and bio oil will help but really its massage that will get rid of them spend at least 10 min rubbing them twice a day keep blood flowing to them so ur skin adjusts to ur weight gain/loss and they will dissapear.

Wow very helpful information...Thanks for the posting it.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    sadly, stretchmarks are often genetic. I don't think there is anything you can do to remove them, but perhaps keeping the skin moisturized may lessen the appearance.

Emu oil is supposed to help.

blessings.
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options

Thank you so much! :)