KETO OMAD tips?

Options
I am 19 5'5 165-170 pound female. I am lightly active, as i walk to class everyday, almost 2 miles. I go to the gym and do light cardio and lifting, just enough to get a good workout about 4 or 5 times a day.

Since I am student, I find it easiest to have one meal a day, so that I dont have to worry about it.
I am wanting to lose weight, but I find that eating one meal a day, I feel like I am over-eating, since I get large plates of Keto friendly food, I am not sure if I am hitting the mark without overdoing it.

I am not sure how to portion myself, and I want to be at a good deficit but I dont want to lose energy, just as much fat as possible
Any tips on what my meals should be looking at?
I am doing the generic 5% carbs, 60% fat and 35% protein.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    What does it mean to "feel" like you're over-eating? Do you mean that you're logging your food and finding that you're going over your calorie goal?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,011 Member
    Options
    I would definitely feel like I was overeating if I did OMAD. The thought of that many calories in one meal makes me feel queasy just thinking about it, especially with 60% coming from fat.

Some people are very happy on OMAD; you may not be one of them.
  • CynthiaA155
    CynthiaA155 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Vanessa I feel the same way. I just started OMAD myself and after my meal I feel overly full. I don't want to reduce my calories so I'm looking for a food combination that meets Keto without me feeling "stuffed" and uncomfortable afterwards. I'll definitely be following this thread. On another note, as a mom of 5 daughters and the youngest being 20, please pay close attention to what your body's telling you with OMAD. It can really throw off your hormonal balance and with you being a young woman and a student (with all kinds of other stresses), I'd hate for that to happen. Good luck and much congratulations to you for focusing on your health. <3
  • jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    So not to throw off the whole OMAD, but could you eat a decent sized meal that you feel OK after, and then just have some meat/cheese sticks to snack on later ?
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    How well do you understand how to manage your nutrition? OMAD can be a challenge even without adding the low carb restriction. You could be deficient in something for a very long time before any symptoms show up.

If you are going to go through with this you need to log your food and make sure you get enough calories. If that means eating past your comfort level that is what it means. Once you have that down you need to make sure you get your nutrition properly balanced in your single meal.