Trying to add aqua combat

Options
Hi I’m trying to add 45 mins of aqua combat to my exercise but it’s not listed and don’t know how many calories iv burned can anyone help please I weigh 327lbs and I’m trying to lose half my body weight. Please don’t judge illness and steroids have had a lot to play with my weight thanks

Replies

• dblair27
    dblair27 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I don't think that anyone is here to judge. There are others both heavier and lighter than you here.

As for your question, it is really difficult for someone on the forum to determine this without a lot more information. How tall are you? What is your age? How would you describe the level of activity? Was there a warm-up and a cool down, or is that 45 minutes of intense activity?

You may be able to use a calorie calculator online (Google is great for finding these) by adding a similar exercise at your perceived intensity, or you could choose another exercise that MFP has that is similar. I imagine anything that accounts for water resistance (swimming, water aerobics if it's available) would be adequate. Or, really, any exercise entered at your intensity level should suffice.

Wishing you the best of success,

Danielle
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    The closest you will get is to use "Water aerobics, water calisthenics" for an average boot camp style water fitness class or "Water Jogging" if you are really getting your heart rate up similar to what you would be getting for going for an actual run. It's not an exact science so you have to log it, use the calories and then reassess in a few weeks to see if your weight loss progress is as expected.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    "Aqua combat!" I love it! Could come in handy one day, too, if you're attacked by a shark. Yay for you!

yay3.gif

@debrakgoogins gave you great advice for logging it.

My only advice is that it sounds really fun and I hope it helps you achieve your goal!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    WHAT is aqua combat?? I do a deep water cardio class. I bet I'd LOVE your class!! My class is 60 min long, I log 45 under "water aerobics" because that's really how long we're actually killing it. We have all ages, shapes, sizes and abilities in my class. It's very inclusive. Everybody is in there for their own reason, and nobody cares what anybody else's is. I have met some really great friends in my class. I hope you enjoy yours. It's a great way to get some exercise in without a lot of impact :)