Vegetarian seeking other plant-based friends for meal ideas and support :)

Options
Hello,
I'm a vegetarian seeking other people with lots of plant-based meals with open food diaries so we can check out what the other is eating! I've never been one for cooking much, but I'm trying to get more into it. Thanks so much.

Michelle

Replies

• janiceld84
    janiceld84 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’m mostly vegan and have a few recipes logged into this app. I’d be happy to share stuff with you.
  • katermari
    katermari Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    following this thread for ideas
  • itsmemonty
    itsmemonty Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favorite recipes for paella. I substitute cauliflower rice to save on carbs. Just use a lot less broth in the recipe. Delicious! https://www.blissfulbasil.com/mushroom-paella-vegan-gluten-free/
  • PrimaryAdjunctOfUnimatrix1010
    Options
    I'm not a vegetarian, but I've been eating black bean burgers this week:

https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/spicy-black-bean-burgers-with-chipotle-mayo/

I've been alternating dinners between black bean burgers and an orzo recipe I found online at the New York Times. Here's a cropped screenshot of the recipe:

729ffb5l9hdi.png
  • chelleedub
    chelleedub Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    @janiceld84 I wasn’t able to add you as a friend; would you mind posting a favorite or 2 here?
  • chelleedub
    Options
    Feel free to post recipes here and/or add me as a friend!
  • chelleedub
    Options
    e6mr9s2hnbhx.jpeg
    Now this is not my recipe, but I made it, and it’s delicious! I recommend the lower cooking times and adding the chickpeas last (with the onion and asparagus)

INGREDIENTS

1 lb. baby red potatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
    1 1/2 cups petite baby carrots
    1 can (14oz.) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
    1 teaspoon of EACH dried basil, dried thyme, dried oregano (see notes)
    1 teaspoon paprika
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    2 – 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
    1 lb. asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into thirds
    1/2 large yellow onion, sliced lengthwise
    mineral salt & fresh cracked pepper, to taste
    Fresh parsley, to serve

https://simple-veganista.com/potato-asparagus-chickpea-sheet-pan-dinner/
  • vegannicole1818
    vegannicole1818 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I’m a vegan and have a degree in holistic health coaching. I make meal plans, menus and recipes. I would love to share and have a guinea pig to test my recipes!
  • bethan0mae
    bethan0mae Posts: 21 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I'm vegan with an open diary! Feel free to friend me! :) My latest go-to meal is a quick-bean chilli:

77mcx1taw3mz.png

I usually have this with a tbsp of nutritional yeast and maybe some avocado if the calories allow for it. Super high-protein, low-fuss meal. I grate the courgette in with the onions at the beginning of cooking and sauté that with spices, and then just add all the tinned beans/corn/tomatoes. Spices/herbs I add (which I don't calorie count) include: chilli, cumin, coriander, turmeric, paprika, oregano, salt and pepper. Lately I've been sauteing some tempeh in those spices too to stir in if I'm particularly hungry.
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Here's a vegan shepherd's pie recipe ahead of St. Patrick's Day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuMS35fgkmM
    Options
    If that doesn't lucky your charms this St. Patty's Day, you could make mashed potatoes with kale, or "colcannon."

Excerpt from NYT Cooking:
    Colcannon is one of the great signature dishes of Ireland. The most common version pairs cabbage with potatoes, but the dish is also made with kale, and that’s the one I usually make. You can substitute extra virgin olive oil for the butter (in which case it will be more Mediterranean than Irish).

k5aaxd8uxyj7.png
  • Faygetshealthy_2018
    Faygetshealthy_2018 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    bethan0mae wrote: »
    Also, today's breakfast!

io88c272fgjn.jpg

Sourdough toast, vanilla soy yoghurt, quick chia-jam (heat 100g frozen berries with 1tbsp chia seeds for about 5 minutes), and some almond butter. 😋

Yummy looks absolutely delicious 😋
  • ZedAndrea
    ZedAndrea Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Following this thread for ideas and plant-based buddies! I am just starting on my journey toward a plant-based diet and lifestyle and am definitely the new kid on the block in terms of recipes, ingredients, and making this plant life work.
  • morticiaallyear
    morticiaallyear Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am starting tomorrow! Please add me everyone so I can see your diaries as well!
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Ovo-lacto vegetarian here who cooks mainly vegan. For about 9 years, I've been working my way through the 1000 Vegan Recipes cookbook. In other words, every week, when I'm planning my cooking, I know that one of the items I'm making will be whatever's "next". (I started in snacks and appetizers with Cajun Popcorn and I'm now up to Mediterranean Artichoke Saute in the side dishes). Not that I won't repeat something, or flip ahead if I need a specific course. And I use other cookbooks, but I'm eventually going to do every recipe in this one!

Add if you like!
  • VeggieMeg71
    VeggieMeg71 Posts: 205 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    My lunch today: bbq tempeh, cashew creamed kale, asparagus, and a mashed sweet potato. z496dk1ieisz.jpg