Up Down Up Down

This is what my scale does. I then get frustrated and after two weeks and feel like giving up. I'm quite overweight for my height and would think I would see more. Does this happen to anyone else?

Replies

• MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Same, All week!

If it is bothering you, step on weekly and compare monthly. Being healthy is a lifestyle. Set daily routine goals and yearly targets that are achievable and find the little victories that motivate you.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Yup, I weigh weekly and I give myself three days to decide which day to step on. Frankly the trend is what it is, no matter what day I choose but if I'm up it's really depressing. I am about 14 pounds above my previous low weight. I am about 7 above my goal range. When I tried weighing daily it was really frustrating. Weekly is less painful for me. No matter what I force myself to weigh at least once a week though.
  • watchon
    watchon Posts: 44 Member
    it is because ur feel that u did great diet for 2-3 days.. then scale will not show ur desired #. u upset and eat extra cal.. the next day.. again scale will show new #. pls note that ur body is a machine that try to keep u on same # only it change when u force it by giving it a little more time.. each body behaves diff.. so dont be upset. just keep healthy diet for a month... dont look at scale..
  • vegasgirl0825
    vegasgirl0825 Posts: 43 Member
    @NovusDies That is a great article! I actually clicked to some of his other articles and it's great information. Thanks for posting that!
  • tony56pr
    tony56pr Posts: 141 Member
    Try each day to be better than the day before. Set a goal and work towards it, as long as you are doing your work, dont worry about scale. I know it can be hard and depressing, but truth is, this is a long road, you wont get there tomorrow but as long as you work at it you will.

That said you have to put in the work, if you aren't logging EVERYTHING, staying away from junk and sugary drinks etc you wont get there. It takes sacrifices to do this, you get back what you put in. Couple weeks isnt enough to judge how things are going and you wont lose weight on a daily basis (unless you starve yourself and even then at a certain point you wont see a real change on scale from one day to the next)