Picky eater, Need recipes

Options
Hi, I am a very picky eater. I basically only like to eat red meat for my protein, cannot stand chicken, turkey, lamb and fish although I can eat tuna but not frequently. I love almost all my vegetables. Love cottage cheese, not fond of yougurt but will eat it. I am trying to lose my weight but my eating habits need to change and I understand it. The above proteins that I mention actually make me physically ill (vomit) if I eat them.

Any help will be appreciated

Becki

Replies

• MrsFarrow
    MrsFarrow Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'd love to see the responses, only because my husband is almost as picky, and I honestly just cook what I eat, and he does his own thing.
  • clements1
    Options
    I also am extremely picky and will only eat chicken really out of all meat which has to be breat and all veins chopped out and any other meat or chewy parts would make me sick along with types of bread
  • BetteEdmonson
    Options
    Can you hear me laughing??? No matter what I cook, if there is the least little thing that isn't supposed to be in there, my poor husband will get it in his portion. We had talapia fish the other night and he found about 20 tiny bones and I didn't have any. He thinks I'm trying to kill him with "knuckles, bones, tendons" (as he calls them) when we have chicken. We always laugh about it though. What are you going to do...it's just the luck of the draw.
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Check out www.skinnytaste.com; there are tons of great recipes on there.

I mix my Fage 0% greek yogurt with sugar-free cherry jello powder; it takes that sour-creamy taste right out of it, and it's a great source of protein! If you are going to eat a lot of red meat, just make sure that you're eating leaner cuts and you should be fine. Lentils, edamame, beans, and skim milk are other good sources of protein.
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    check out www.bbcgoodfood.com

It's amazing. You can search a massive back catalogue of recipes by ingredient, course, calorie count and keep your favourites in an online binder.

It's my go-to website for inspiration!!
  • kardeamad
    Options
    Not sure if you are in the UK but I have added quorn into my diet.

I am working my way through the range but firm faves here now are the mince, escalopes, chicken type pieces and fillets

They do make your botty burp an awful lot more than usual though :embarassed:
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I would definitely look at Quinoa as another source of protein (it's a complete protein but a grain.....it's awesome).

I know you said you didn't like turkey but we use a lot of seasoning when we used ground turkey. We use it in casseroles and also make burgers out of it (and with the seasoning it makes the turkey taste awesome!!!).