6 months in 75 pounds down.

Hey all hope your staying consistent out there and doing well. I'm at the six month mark myself and have dropped 75 pounds, to say I'm blown away that I've done this would be an understatement. 99 percent of this has been done through nutrition and I.F. I'm 5'9 and started at 352 pounds and I'm now 276 the bad part is I'm losing this weight again and that's no fun, after my son was born I was so preoccupied with taking care of my premature newborn and my wife who just had a c section that I forgot to take care of myself. My son started getting faster as I got slower and it kicked me into gear. Stepping on the scale was a discouraging moment but I pressed on changed my habits and have not broken them. Even when I eat outside the norm for myself I keep things in my own calorie range. I've still got about 100 pounds to go and things have slowed down but I'll keep pushing and hope anyone reading this will as well. This is not an easy thing to do but its worth it to feel better move better and not get worked over by a damn toddler 😁

Replies

• AyasLife
    AyasLife Posts: 37 Member
    75 pounds is an amazing achievement
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Very nice progress! I'll bet you already notice huge differences in energy and ability to do things.
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Amazing!!!!
  • Monomatapa
    Monomatapa Posts: 13 Member
    That's amazing!
    That's more on average than my 5kg after 24 days.
    It's easy to get the first kilo's off, but to push on the way you did is inspiring.
    Kudos!!!
  • brettrobb
    brettrobb Posts: 8 Member
    Thanks for this - after just checking the scale for the first time in many years (and starting at a high number... again...) your story inspires me Joseph!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    I know it felt good to get in the 200's, wtg!
  • karenscfld
    karenscfld Posts: 38 Member
    Thank you for the encouragement. You're right, its not easy. I am hungry. I read your post and it gave me encouragement to keep up the fight. You've got 6 months under your belt and down 75 lbs! That is Fantastic. I have 2 months under my belt and I'm down 20 lbs. Nothing to sneeze at that is for sure. In 2 more months, with the will to stay on it, I should be down another 10 to 15 lbs.
  • Josephfunk
    Josephfunk Posts: 31 Member
    Thank you guys. The hardest part of the first push is getting your habits in check so we make the better choices. I've had times its fallen off and others where I wondered if I was doing something wrong. I'm staying consistent and have been hitting the weights now. In the beginning I was very low carb and since I'm hitting the weights now I've added carbs. Different strategies for different situations.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Congrats and keep up the good work! The hardest part of fitness and weight loss for me was getting started. Once the positive habits are formed, it gets a bit harder to fall off the wagon. I also set mini goals for myself to take some of the pressure off the longer terms goals. Again, best wishes for continued success!
  • maddog122313
    maddog122313 Posts: 3 Member
    Congratulations!!
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,800 Member
    I agree that your toddler deserves a healthy dad. Good for you for taking charge! I'm so proud of you. Best wishes to you, your lovely wife and child.
  • robertzica
    robertzica Posts: 4 Member
    Amazing! Congratulations!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    <3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!