Doing WW and MFP ?

Options
Anyone here doing WW using MFP? I quit WW because I wanted to save money but am thinking of sticking with the principles of the zero point foods here. Not tracking those and only other foods. Curious if anyone else does similar?

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    Options
    harper16 wrote: »
    If you're going to track, I'd track everything you eat. Isn't it possible to go over your calories on "zero point" foods?

^ This. If you're not tracking your food and your weight loss isn't as expected how will you know if it's because you're eating above maintenance or just a water weight fluctuation?

The difference could be a couple of hundred calories a day if you eat a lot of fruit.

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    If you're hitting your calorie limit with non-zero foods and then adding zero foods on top of that without tracking, I wouldn't be surprised to see issues with hitting your goals. The reason is that WW gives you a calorie goal that is *lower* than what MFP would give you because they know you'll be adding to it with zero calorie foods. MFP gives you a calorie goal assuming that is pretty much what you'll eat.
  • momnafit
    momnafit Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Question - Did you lose weight on WW? i'm not crazy about the new programs and was wondering if it worked for you.
  • dsatterlee04
    dsatterlee04 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I recently quit on-line WW and returned to MFP. My problem was although I was eating within my points and not overdoing my "free" foods I was not loosing weight. I felt I was probably overeating carbs and fats vs more protien. Also have concerns as WW did not track sodium or sugar which are important as I have heart issues and am pre-diabetic. I like MFP as it tracks these and I can look at what I am deficient in and adjust as the day goes. Seems a lot better for me and enjoy the commuity boards for interaction with others.
  • becalee26
    becalee26 Posts: 185 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I do both. I always track my zero point foods on MFP. Makes me know if I am over or under calories. I will eventually quit WW now that I am in the habit of eating healthier foods.