Will it ever happen?! Please advise.

Options
So I have, over the last two years, lost nearly 11stone.
I'm now thirty pounds from my goal weight and have been for about 6 months.
The last three weeks I'm at exactly the same weight despite having started a new gym routine and making sure i adhere to my calories.
I'm starting to become so deflated and losing all my motivation to lose more weight. It's the final push but I'm not seeing any results.
Can someone advise me?

Replies

• TexasTallchick
    TexasTallchick Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Congrats on losing almost 11 stone! I’ve been the same weight for the past 2 weeks and we both have to remember weight loss isn’t linear. You’re not going to see the scale move every day or maybe even every week. It takes time, patience and dedication.

However...are you weighing and measuring every single bite you put into your mouth? Are you logging consistently and accurately? Are you eating back any exercise calories? Are your clothes fitting better/more loose?

I look forward to seeing your responses. 🤔
  • beth_kai
    beth_kai Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    mgobluetx wrote: »
    Congrats on losing almost 11 stone! I’ve been the same weight for the past 2 weeks and we both have to remember weight loss isn’t linear. You’re not going to see the scale move every day or maybe even every week. It takes time, patience and dedication.

However...are you weighing and measuring every single bite you put into your mouth? Are you logging consistently and accurately? Are you eating back any exercise calories? Are your clothes fitting better/more loose?

I look forward to seeing your responses. 🤔

Hey thanks for the response. I've seen my weight slow down and stop in the past but it only ever lasted a few weeks. This time with only thirty pounds to go, I've been playing with the same few pounds for months.
    I've looked at my diary and can see that on maybe one or two occasions i did eat into some of the cals burned through exercise so I've turned off tracking so mfp doesn't tell me how much I've burned.
    I have also only started going to the gym again these past two weeks so i guess i do need to be patient and consistent.
    However, since i was so despondent after weigh in this morning, I've basically eaten my weight in crap foods. 😔
    I just want to hit my goal and i really don't feel i ever will.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    New gym routines can create some water retention. If you are certain about your calorie intake, then just hold steady and have a bit more patience.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,477 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    New gym routines can create some water retention. If you are certain about your calorie intake, then just hold steady and have a bit more patience.

Agree. Plateaus and even gains on the heels of new or increased workouts are common complaints on this board. You aren’t alone in this.

That said, if you don’t see some movement eventually, tinker with the numbers. The calculators aren’t exact.