How do I measure such amounts???

Options
So I had a really yumm grilled chicken chopped salad this afternoon for lunch. How do I count that. It had greek dressing ,(no clue what it was ..but it was an oil vinagar base.) grilled chicken/cucumbers/black olives /feta cheese/lettuce/tomatoe chopped in the amount of approx 2 cups. How do I add that to my calorie count....this is the hardest part of calorie counting. Thanks for all the relplies
KIM:flowerforyou:

Replies

• ashesoh1234
    ashesoh1234 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I usually take stuff like that and break it down into each of its components. So, I'd look up greek dressing, a regular, full calorie version. I'd add maybe 2 TBS of that. Then I'd look up feta cheese, add the amount that you think was on there, figure the chicken was probably brushed with oil before it was grilled, so add some oil, etc etc. I measure and weigh my food at home, hoping that I'll get better at judging quantities when I eat out. HTH
  • ashesoh1234
    ashesoh1234 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I usually take stuff like that and break it down into each of its components. So, I'd look up greek dressing, a regular, full calorie version. I'd add maybe 2 TBS of that. Then I'd look up feta cheese, add the amount that you think was on there, figure the chicken was probably brushed with oil before it was grilled, so add some oil, etc etc. I measure and weigh my food at home, hoping that I'll get better at judging quantities when I eat out. HTH
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    If you can find a comparable greek chicken salad in the database, I would use it and add a little bit to be sure you were covered. You could also use a generic greek salad and then add a grilled chicken breast.
  • LisaMariaCallow
    Options
    I agree...break everything down individually to get your total calorie counts. What I love about this site is that the database is so huge, you can find almost anything! Good luck!
  • kimhudd
    Options
    :wink: thanks guys ..I did both your suggestions and feel better about my counting ...thanks again!!