Healthy fulfilling breakfast to stay on track

Options
This vegetable omelette cooked in lightly mustard oiled pan has been a life saver. I feel more energetic, fuller throughout the day, and do not feel deprived at all. I’m afraid to skip this for breakfast because I feel that will put me on the wrong track and I’ll snack on bad foods throughout the day.

Replies

• summery79
    summery79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Looks delicious! What combination of veggies are you using?

Over time, I've found several types of breakfasts to feel satiating so I don't feel the need to snack constantly. Overnight oats with plain Greek yogurt (protein!) and fruit (fiber! fluid!) are another option that I find filling. I've always found it interesting how the response we have to different foods are so individual!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,689 Member
    Options
    That omelet looks awesome, I used to make veggie scrambles for breakfast but they aren't as pretty as that! I do the same as @summery79 these days, I make a batch of steel cut oats in the Instant Pot with chia and flax seeds and cashew milk then reheat with apple chunks and cinnamon then stir in nonfat Greek yogurt.
  • katarina005
    katarina005 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I like shredded wheat I feel full for most of the day.
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    For a high carb super healthy breakfast... 100% Oatmeal! For me I add a handful of raisins, chia seeds and a teaspoon of honey or Ginger syrup.

When I want small and protien 2 hard-boiled eggs.
  • Curvybaja55
    Curvybaja55 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    2 medium boil eggs, 2tbsp garlic hummus and half of a avocado.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Looks good!
    JW OP, what you consider, bad food, and why do you consider it bad?
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Looks good!
    JW OP, what you consider, bad food, and why do you consider it bad?

Cereal
  • Priasmama416
    Priasmama416 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats, or whole wheat english muffin with and egg and turkey bacon. I also like an egg scrambled with veggies such as zucchini, spinach, green peppers or grape tomatoes.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I recently read someplace that you should pair eggs and broccoli - I honestly never thought about it. But I made myself a veggie mix of mushrooms, spinach, broccoli and zucchini for the week and made omelets with that and feta cheese in the morning and it definitely kept me full longer. I happened to pick up some Fat Free Feta and definitely noticed the difference without the fat - I couldn't figure out why I was hungry! Also, it seems when I start your day with some veggies it is easier to meet my macros.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I made a Pitaya bowl it was super filling very high volume and was full for hours!
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Adc7225 wrote: »
    I recently read someplace that you should pair eggs andi think these type of veg absorb fats especially also eggplant! But it’s a good thing done rightbroccoli - I honestly never thought about it. But I made myself a veggie mix of mushrooms, spinach, broccoli and zucchini for the week and made omelets with that and feta cheese in the morning and it definitely kept me full longer. I happened to pick up some Fat Free Feta and definitely noticed the difference without the fat - I couldn't figure out why I was hungry! Also, it seems when I start your day with some veggies it is easier to meet my macros.

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Vegetable omelets are one of my staple breakfasts. I use some kind of greens (spinach, kale, chard, whatever), and then whatever else I have on hand (broccoli, zucchini, asparagus, leeks, mushrooms, etc.), plus a bit of feta. If I want more cals I pair with fruit (often half an avocado) or cottage cheese or maybe plain lowfat greek yogurt.

I'm eating no animal products for Lent so currently doing smoothies mostly (hate cold cereal and like oats okay but prefer my smoothies just as a matter of taste) and don't find them (for me) less filling, but omelets are a great breakfast.