Hi! I'm aiming to look good and feel great.

unequalstars13
unequalstars13 Posts: 19 Member
edited October 2 in Introduce Yourself
Hey everyone, my names Jillian. I'm attempting to lose a pretty significant amount of weight, about 50-60lbs. I've tried losing it over the last couple of years by eating better, counting calories, and working out but somehow I always lose my motivation. I guess that's probably everyone's biggest problem as well.

I was already unhappy with my weight but I've gained quite a bit of weight this year ever since I started dating my boyfriend (we like to eat out) and turned 21 (beer has been my biggest enemy). I'm really hoping that getting involved with the community on this website will help motivate me more. I've used MFP before and lost weight with it, but the website can't do all the work for me, I have to really be willing to work. So here I am, stating to the world that I'm ready to really try this time. I want to look better and feel better. I'm only 21 and I am extremely unhappy with how I look. I want to lose the weight and keep it off while I'm young. I want to get in shape and start doing more things outside, I want to be able to travel and go hiking without feeling like I'm going to die.

I was a smoker for 3 years and I recently quit this past summer. It was the hardest thing I've ever done, but I finally managed to do it! Sure, it took a number of times but I succeeded. I'm hoping I can do the same thing with eating better, working out, and losing weight. Cut out the crap, save money, feel better, and add some years on to my life.

So hi everyone! I'd love to hear from you. Hello's, tips, motivation, friendship, etc.

Hope you are all having a good day!

Replies

• NBowes88
    NBowes88 Posts: 31 Member
    Welcome and I hope everything works out great for you! I just started doing ChaLean Extreme and I love it so far! Her workouts go by fast and she's very motivational when you're doing her workouts. I have been on and off with working out but this website has helped me stay motivated and I have been doing really good this time! If you need motivation and support this is definitely the place to get it! Good Luck!!!
  • you can do it! You gave up smoking & now onto the next thing, right? I like it how on MFP you can see what your friends are doing and that makes you wanna do more active things & eat better each day. I also went away from MFP and then came back & my biggest recommendation is to make MFP your homepage. Feel free to add me if you'd like some extra support.
  • unequalstars13
    unequalstars13 Posts: 19 Member
    thank you!!!
  • Goofy076
    Goofy076 Posts: 287 Member
    HI Jillian, welcome to the MFP family :) Congrats on the quitting smoking, its so important to keep your lungs healthy so great job there :).. Please feel free to add me so we can do this journey together :) good luck <3
This discussion has been closed.