Wendy’s helped me lose weight

Options
2»

Replies

• AmberLeeMichigan
    AmberLeeMichigan Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success!! Thank you for sharing your story!
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I love Chick fil A! But the nearest one to me is a traffic-filled-nightmare-drive away :s so I rarely go there, probably for the best though because I can easily overdo it on the waffle fries! :p

Same here and the location is now well over two years old. The funny thing is I remember the Chick-fil-A in the mall food court in the late 80s/early 90s. There was never the insane spin up to the opening of one or the chronic massive, long lines at one like there is today, no matter which one you go to. Same with In-N-Out (more like Stay-N-Wait Forever) Burger, even in CA locations that used to see "normal" non-insane customer traffic years ago.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I love Chick fil A! But the nearest one to me is a traffic-filled-nightmare-drive away :s so I rarely go there, probably for the best though because I can easily overdo it on the waffle fries! :p

Same here and the location is now well over two years old. The funny thing is I remember the Chick-fil-A in the mall food court in the late 80s/early 90s. There was never the insane spin up to the opening of one or the chronic massive, long lines at one like there is today, no matter which one you go to. Same with In-N-Out (more like Stay-N-Wait Forever) Burger, even in CA locations that used to see "normal" non-insane customer traffic years ago.

Social media. Before social media, you wouldn't know there was a new place opening unless you drove by and saw the sign, read it in the paper, or saw it on the local news. Now you get it on facebook, twitter, people share it with their friends....you get the idea.

Chick Fil A is always SUPER busy for us too. It's always busy where we are because they have a good play place and maintain it well, so moms with little kids at home love it. They are always polite and get orders correct more often than their competitors.

I like Wendy's too, I like that when I'm craving a burger I can a JBC (Junior bacon cheese) and it won't blow my calories for the day like other places burgers will. And it tastes good.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,310 Member
    Options
    Just chowed down a cobb salad from CFA.. yum
  • debraah66
    debraah66 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    6 years ago when I was starting my weight loss journey by counting calories and exercising regularly for the first time in my life, I would often eat at a Wendy’s fast food restaurant that was about 0.75 miles from my apartment. So walking there and back I’d get an extra 1.5 mile walk added to my activity (and the last half mile trek is up a very steep hill) I’d almost always get the “Apple Pecan Chicken Salad” which was under 600 calories including the Pomegranate Vinaigrette Dressing. I can’t tell you how many times I got that salad for dinner but maybe 3-4 times a week during the 10 months it took me to lose 42 lbs. Sometimes I’d get a different meal but that was my go-to default because it’s tasty and fit into my calorie goals at the time. Since then I’ve maintained my goal weight, become a runner and don’t have that for dinner often anymore but I look back fondly on that time when my lifestyle was changing for the better. It was good to know that I could still lose weight eating fast food by making better choices and upping my activity level and not feel deprived. Thanks Wendy’s!
    Starting weight 209 lbs
    Current weight 167 lbs
    6iux518x9a4y.jpeg
    6y131azcjusx.jpeg

I like that salad too. Yum.
  • debraah66
    debraah66 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You look good.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    brenn24179 wrote: »
    I had to read this, funny, fast food making you slim. Wow, whatever works, you look great!

How's it funny? Fast food doesn't make you fat.

Amazing transformation OP.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Fast food places don't necessarily have to be the enemy. I like Wendy's because there's a surprising amount of items that won't break my calorie bank. And I think the humble baked potato is an under-rated food.
  • briz5158
    briz5158 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What a transformation! Where did you get your swimsuit? Maybe I can get one like it when I meet my goals :smile:
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    briz5158 wrote: »
    What a transformation! Where did you get your swimsuit? Maybe I can get one like it when I meet my goals :smile:

Thanks! 🙂 I get all my bikinis from eBay from UK sellers because I can’t find my size tops in the stores in the US 😬 the one in the picture is from a brand called Pour Moi 😎 and you should absolutely treat yourself to a nice goal swimsuit! It took me some time to feel completely confident in mine but once I did it was such a liberating feeling... I’ve worked really hard to maintain my body in shape and now I’m gonna wear whatever I want!
  • Aaron949
    Aaron949 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Inspiring!
  • saraghali
    saraghali Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    We have a similar body shape. Did you lose any bras size?
  • RunsWithBees
    Options
    saraghali wrote: »

No, the chest didn’t budge at all, I would have liked to have lost some there but like they say, we can’t spot reduce 😬 I have dense breast tissue though so nothing I do short of a surgical reduction will make any difference. Although I did lose some backfat so my band size fits better and by exercising I improved my posture so I feel I carry the chest weight more evenly balanced now and it doesn’t bring down my shoulders and cause back pains so that’s been a plus 😊
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options

No, the chest didn’t budge at all, I would have liked to have lost some there but like they say, we can’t spot reduce 😬 I have dense breast tissue though so nothing I do short of a surgical reduction will make any difference. Although I did lose some backfat so my band size fits better and by exercising I improved my posture so I feel I carry the chest weight more evenly balanced now and it doesn’t bring down my shoulders and cause back pains so that’s been a plus 😊

I have always had proportionally large breasts, I lost a lot of weight (from obese to normal, BMI). I didn't lose any proportional cup sizes (band size went from 34 to 28) until I lost the last 5-10 pounds, then they deflated like day old party balloons. I have a lot of glandular tissue, I have struggled with oversupply breastfeeding all my kids, so my breasts have a lot of mass that isn't just fat.

There is hope yet if boob loss is your goal. If it's not.... :wink:
  • saraghali
    saraghali Posts: 63 Member
    Options

Thank you so much for you answer! I am going through a period where I feel I can’t take it anymore. Since the beginning of 2019, I started having terrible shoulder and neck pain.its terrible and my doctor doesn’t seems to get it. I am 5’11. 200 lbs. and wear a 38GG. I think surgical path is the only way 😞
    Congratulations on your achievement. You look fantastic.
  • RunsWithBees
    Options

I have always had proportionally large breasts, I lost a lot of weight (from obese to normal, BMI). I didn't lose any proportional cup sizes (band size went from 34 to 28) until I lost the last 5-10 pounds, then they deflated like day old party balloons. I have a lot of glandular tissue, I have struggled with oversupply breastfeeding all my kids, so my breasts have a lot of mass that isn't just fat.

There is hope yet if boob loss is your goal. If it's not.... :wink:

😂 I suppose I could probably lose some if I got down to a really really low weight but I’m happy at 167 lbs and have no intention of going any lower 😅 good bras and good posture have made a world of difference though so I’m good 😁
  • RunsWithBees
    Options

Thank you so much for you answer! I am going through a period where I feel I can’t take it anymore. Since the beginning of 2019, I started having terrible shoulder and neck pain.its terrible and my doctor doesn’t seems to get it. I am 5’11. 200 lbs. and wear a 38GG. I think surgical path is the only way 😞
    Congratulations on your achievement. You look fantastic.

Wow then we do have a similar body shape! I have a smaller band size and a larger cup size though. I’d recommend going to a website called “Breakout Bras” and follow their instructions to measure your true bra size. Even if you’ve been measured before, just try it, most women are wearing the band size too big and the cup size too small. After I did that and found out my real size, I bought bras/bikinis on eBay from the UK for about $20 each. Finding my true size helped so much because I learned that the main support is supposed to come from the band and not put the weight on the shoulders. My main exercise is running and this helps strengthen my core muscles to improve my posture. I wear an underwire bra and a soft sports bra on top of that for running and also practice good running form.
  • RunsWithBees
    Options
    :'( They closed down this Wendy’s location that was so close to me! I’ll miss it dearly!

But on another note... Wendy’s now has breakfast! The maple bacon chicken croissant and the seasoned potato wedges are my favorites, and their coffee is pretty good too! I like to go get it after I go for an early morning run even though I have to drive to another location now :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!