Depression and Fatigue

Options
I suffer from clinical depression and lately I've been feeling so worn out and exhausted due to overwhelming amounts of stress. I'm trying to continue working out each day, but it's such a struggle and some days I can only complete 30 minutes before I feel like I'm going to collapse. Does anyone else struggle with this or have any advice?

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Give yourself credit for those 30 minutes!! That's more than a LOT of us can do! Unfortunately I don't have any good advice because I suffer from depression as well and have not yet found a way to overcome the fatigue...
  • taranicole8402
    Options
    I suffer from clinical depression as well. Such a horrible disease/disorder. My doctor has me on Wellbutrin XL and it's doing wonders for me! I find that exercising is helping me, but I have to push myself through it and then I mentally feel so much better after. I wish I knew what to say :( Please feel free to write me or whatever at any time. I can at least listen and sympathize, since I know how awful depression is.
  • SamMorBelsmom
    SamMorBelsmom Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Depression is a hard thing to work with when it comes to your health. I suffered from a bad case of post partum depression with my daughter but obviously, they are two different things. I know what helped me was that I would write down five good things about my day every night before I went to bed. If forced me to see the good things that had happened to me that day. I did that for a month and then five things turned into 10 things and then I was able to talk to my husband about it. But you also need to give yourself credit for ANY workout, not matter how long, strong, or minor it is. As a mom of two and working 6 hours a day and a husband who is a child himself exhaustion is part of my everyday life. TAKE CREDIT FOR EVERYTHING YOU DO. You did the dishes, hurray!! You walked for 20 minutes, AWESOME! Just remember, you could choose not to do anything, but instead, you take the better, healthier road that 62% of Americans choose not to take. I really don't know where I am going with this but please...give credit where credit is due and you deserve it!! Remember to love yourself, just cuz someone has to.