Leading ladies group (closed group)! Second weigh in!

Options
Hello my beautiful, sexy leading ladies!

A few things to address before we get started:

1.) Name change is official!! Instead of having a name that belongs on a glue bottle we now sound like the amazing group we are. So from now on we are known as the leading ladies! Also, I posted my profile pic of the leading ladies of Hollywood to symbolize our group! I am so proud of each and every one of you and I wanna show us off! :-)

2.) I stated that we are a closed group, however, I decided to make this an all female group because no males have signed up. If your a female and have not participated and your interested you can still join!

3.) I apologize for not having been able to respond to the previous week. This has been a week from hell personally but I am gonna pick myself up and move on! This week you will all receive feedback. Also, I highly encourage all of you to respond to one another, especially if you have any tips or advice for the members. What you have to say is soo important! Don't hesitate to share :-)

4.) Lets get started! :-)

I hope that you all had an amazing week and that we all worked hard on our goals.

Today's assignments will require deep reflection and examining the good and the bad. I heard a few quotes during the week and one really hit close to home. I want all of us to reflect together and support one another. Also, as posted last week, I want us to work on a goal and see how well we do!

Assignment 1: weigh in

I weighed in at 209.0 from 211.6 last time. I lost 2.6 lbs for a total of 16.2 lbs. I feel very happy for the success so far but I have mixed feelings. Although this is a great start I still have so much more to do. My weight hasn't changed in the past 3 days and I'm praying hard that I am not hitting the plateau yet. I'm taking today off from exercise and I'm gonna change a few eating and exercise habits to see if I can make a change! :-)

Assignment 2: Quote of the day

"If you really put a small value upon yourself, rest assured that the world will not raise your price." - Author Unknown

All I can say is damn... Simply put how can I expect the world to treat me as a gorgeous leading lady when I can't even consider the thought. We radiate what we feel inside towards the world. If we walk around with a bad attitude, hating our bodies and not wanting anyone to see us then how can we expect the world to take a loving approach? I think this is an area thats safe to assume we need to be selfish. Don't be afraid to own who you are and show it off! Love your curves, your beauty, your abilities and make the world see why it can't spin without u! Start loving who u are now and as you loose weight and transform yourself make the love you have for yourself stronger.

Assignment 3: Deep reflection

I love watching What Not To Wear because they help women who usually have self-esteem issues. One woman I saw this week reminded me soo much of me. She loved who she was on the inside but hated who she was on the outside. She loved her personality but couldn't look at herself in the mirror. Can you honestly say you love who you are on the inside and outside?

My answer to this is no. I don't love the outside as I do the inside. And it makes me upset to say this. I hate thinking that I could love only a part of myself, not all of myself. I go through so many emotions thinking about it. I hate that my weight robbed me of my early 20's. I hate that I let it rob me of my early 20's. I get angry thinking my weight took away people's right assumptions of me and made them think "I'm just some random chick". I feel slightly hopeless cause obviously I can't go back and do something about it then but I do feel happy that I am doing something about it now. However, I do feel that loving who I am on the outside is going to be harder than loosing the weight. Loosing the weight is putting in the work and not only you but also the world seeing the results being produced. In working on the inside your on your own with how you interpret the results. Only you can deem if your loving yourself enough or not. But once you get to a point where u can honestly say you love yourself on the inside and outside you will truly transform everything you touch!

Assignment 4: Nutrition goal summary and exercise goal for next week:

My nutritional goal was to eat no more than 2 times per week. I ate three times :-(. No excuses for me but in between commuting for school and making it on time it is usually earlier to grab a sandwich than make it at home. However, I am happy that when I did eat out I didn't go over my calories and I made sure I worked out!

Exercise goal: I know how important incorporating weights into your routine is. I have been doing strength training every other day with weights and have worked on my arms and shoulders. However, I want to go a step further with the weights and add it with cardio. What I want to do for this week is every other day I want to walk with weights in my hands for about 5 to 10 minutes. I want to use it as a warm up and really bring the heart rate up to get the burning going!

All right leading ladies its time to reflect, post and go work on our dreams! Also, if you have any questions, comments or concerns to post for the group do not hesitate to do so!!!

Replies

• Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Assignment 1: weigh in

I was 154.8 as of last Friday and weighed in at 154 this morning..but during the week I had went done to 153.2 and gained 2 and luckily I was able to keep going as I lost it and 8 oz from last week..whew!!! I have incorporated more fruit and more veggies this past week..

Assignment 2: Quote of the day

"If you really put a small value upon yourself, rest assured that the world will not raise your price." - Author Unknown

Wow, that is very true..so we should all keep our heads held high and keep on going..never mind the smirks, giggles, bad mouthing people along the way..especially the ones in class that giggle snidely when all they do is mess up themselves..because in the end.."We will be the winner" and they will be the ones hating of what we've become! And trust me Ladies...its coming soon.. Be ready to hear the green with envy noise from behind...cause I am..and I can't wait!!!

Assignment 3: Deep reflection

I am liking the person I am becoming...it helps me make better choices for me and my family as I am making better nutrition choices and we are eating out less..I love the fact that I have a good Core group in and out of MFP..it helps a lot..cause even when I didn't wanna go to the gym..I had someone telling me...let's go..haha..but ladies if you need that extra motivation..we are here to help!! I know I am..if you want that extra edge..hit me up also! I am here everyday..alot!! lol, love you guys, my future Fit friends!!

Assignment 4: Nutrition goal summary and exercise goal for next week:

My goal is to keep on fitting in more veggies and fruits in my diet..still trying..man, its hard when all I wanted to eat was carbs and protein...lol

Exercise goal:
    is to switch up my workout routine this week..so as to not hit a plateau..haha..this crazy body of mine..although I think I'm gaining muscle..so, that's ok I guess..cause I do see a change..oh well, one day at a time, right Ladies..
  • phedre87
    Options
    Assignment 1: Well today I weighed 159.4 so I was really excited because this week I actually went from 161 when I signed up with MFP to 162.6...yikes! But this morning I woke up with no bloat, my engagement ring was loose and my weight was down. Yay!

Assignment 2: This is so true, sometimes I hate how I think I'm not good enough for things because of my looks. And really if you think you're worthless what does it matter what anyone else thinks...My boyfriend always says he loves me and that I'm beautiful and honestly I just scoff most of the time.

Assignment 3: I completely agree with tilaisabel on this one...she stole the words/thoughts right out of my mind.

Assignment 4: My goals nutrition wise this week are to keep portions small and try my hardest to get more water...More water was my goal for our first post and I have gotten more but still not enough. As for exercise this is the area I need to work on the most...I'm so unmotivated to get out and exercise! So my exercise goal for this week is to get out and do something besides walking my dog (which is just my regular routine)! If anyone has any tips or tricks for a lazybones like me I'd appreciate hearing them!
  • annika27
    Options
    1. Weigh in:
    I did not make much progress :( I lost the pound I had gained back, but that is it. I make too many excuses for eating things I know are bad for me. I really need to work on that.

2. Quote of the day:
    So true! I know I need to love me for others to love me. And if people don't like me, at least I will like myself, and that is all that matters. I have always had low self-esteem. I am much more outgoing then I used to be, and I think I have a fun personality. But my body does not do my personality justice, and that is why I am working so hard to lose weight!

3. Deep reflection:
    Didn't realized this was about what I was just saying! I love who I am on the inside, but I hate almost everything about me on the outside. Sometimes I just feel like everyone is looking at me, thinking about how fat I am, how much acne I have, or how big my nose is. I know that it is not true, but I always feel so self conscious. I know that my apppearance shouldn't keep me from being happy, but it does sometimes.

4. Nutrition and exercise:
    My goal was to drink my water goal everyday. I didn't make it, but I did drink it a lot more. I had a lot of trouble getting to sleep though because I had to go to the bathroom every few minutes :/ I'm going to keep working at this goal though!
    I started the 30 Day Shred yesterday. For this week, and the rest of the month, my goal is to stick with that.

I am going to try super hard this week. I know one really good week will show me I can do it, and then it won't be so hard :)
    Good luck this week ladies!
  • charly_80
    Options
    Assignment 1:

I was 147 last week and I have fluctuated between it and 149 and believe it or not I am proud of this because it is the first week in a long time that my fluctuations haven't ranged between the 149 to 153. So for this I will pat myself on the back. Would've liked to have lost more but for this week I will say this is okay. Baby steps I guess.

Assignment 2:

This statement is very true. I value many parts of my self - my attitude; my ethics, etc., so that being said the facade I create can fool people into thinking that I am very confident about everything about myself. I wish I was as confident as I pretend to be - my acting like I am so good feels so phony. But as I continue this journey I feel my body changing and my attitude changing and with that my facade is fading, the walls I have put up are crumbling and I am becoming a more "real" me.

Assignment 3:

As I said I like the person I am when discussing ethics, attitude, etc. but that being said I am always saddened by the fact that my weight is more than it should be. That my body is not what I wish it was. That my father indirectly makes comments regarding weight that I feel reflects his dissatisfaction of me. I am pushing myself and relying on others to push me so that I can become a better me for myself. I am my own critic and a very tough critic at that - I am hoping that when I get to the set point I have created for myself that I can accept myself and like myself. Each day I am feeling better but the journey is tough and some days can be discouraging.

Assignment 4:

My goals are to continue with exercising - the biking is going extremely well for me so I am going to work on that mostly this week since I find it enjoyable and to try to preplan some of the meals so that I am not pressured into grabbing just anything out of the fridge or takeout.

10277143.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • longin2bsexy
    longin2bsexy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    1. Weigh in -
    I am going to use my official weigh in from Monday and continue to just posting the Monday weigh in on the
    following Friday because I am confusing myself trying to keep track... My official weigh in from Monday was 234.2.... higher
    than Friday. I had a horrible weekend. I am way more excited about the coming up weigh in.

2. Quote of the day -
    What can I say... I really agree with this..however how do I teach it to myself?? I am truly afraid I will NEVER be good enough!!

3. Deep Reflection -
    I definitely don't think my outside matches my inside. I feel like I am an outgoing person, I just wish my outside matched it
    and who I really am....

4. Nutrition and Exercise -
    My goal was also to drink more water everyday.... Didn't happen. I did start out the week sick and I think it (or maybe I let it)
    jeapordize my week... I was more conscious about drinking it, but still didn't drink as much as I need to.
    My goals for next week are to continue to increase my water intake and to exercise at least 30 minutes Monday - Saturday. I
    have GOT to get back into a routine!!!

I wish all you great ladies good luck this week and remember... take it one day at a time!!
  • Roxstar75
    Roxstar75 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Assignment 1 – Weigh in
    My official day of weighin is on Monday mornings, so I will go with that for now. I weighed 248.2 and remained the same. I think it’s due to mother nature visiting, in which case I can’t control. I ate right & exercised for the most part during the week. So I am excited actually for my next weighin:wink:

Assignment 2 – Quote of the day

I love everything about my inside, but don’t like some of the things on the outside. It is time for me to be more selfish & take control of the situation though. I do think that I have a great attitude about life in general. Life is too short to be unhappy & you really make it what you want it to be. It’s really time to stay focused & remain positive. It’s all about ME!

Assignment 3 – Deep reflection

This assignment goes right along with assignment 2. To answer honestly, no. I do not love totally everything about my outside, but do on the inside. I am strong, beautiful person on the inside. On the outside, I am really self-conscious. I look at myself several times in the mirror wondering where the real me is at. I have been overweight pretty much all of my life. The only time I had enough willpower to change myself was knowing the fact there would be pictures taken at our wedding! I keep telling my hubby that we need to get married again & he says no:wink: I went into a deep depression when it took us so long to have our miracle child that all I did was EAT! I so wish now that I would have turned to exercise vs. eating. Man…I would be a toothpick. But emotional eating is exactly that. I can eat when I am sad, happy, mad, angry & etc. Basically nothing stops me! It is time for change. I feel good about it this time around. I have a daughter & family to think about living a long life for. It’s all about a lifestyle change now!

Assignment 4 - Assignment 4: Nutrition goal summary and exercise goal for next week:

My goal for last week was to drink more water. For the most part, I did get my water in for the day. But I really didn’t go above & beyond. That’s my plan is to make sure that I go above & beyond this next week. My next goal is to not slack on the weekends & try to do SOMETHING instead of NOTHING!

Have a great week everyone.