Why not 1000 calories?

Options
13»

Replies

• emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Well, ive heeded everyone's advice and decided to eat a minimum of 1200 calories and usually a little bit more instead of before when I was eating a maximum of 1200 calories and usually a little bit less. This may seem minor to someone else but it's major to me. It's very hard changing my mentality about at the end of the day if I see my total calories is say... 1100 ...to think that's not good instead if that's good. Slow and steady wins the race. Thank you all for your posts.
    I think you’ve made a wise choice. If you are also exercising, be sure to track your activity calories. MFP is set up for you to include those calories in your target. I sometimes eat more than my target for social events and keep an eye on my weekly calorie intake. Finding balance will help you stick to it over time.
  • slbbw
    slbbw Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Well, ive heeded everyone's advice and decided to eat a minimum of 1200 calories and usually a little bit more instead of before when I was eating a maximum of 1200 calories and usually a little bit less. This may seem minor to someone else but it's major to me. It's very hard changing my mentality about at the end of the day if I see my total calories is say... 1100 ...to think that's not good instead if that's good. Slow and steady wins the race. Thank you all for your posts.

Also important is to realize what your deficit is. If this is to hit a 1.5 or 2lb per week loss then going over by 100 calories means that you are still losing weight, just not as fast.