Optavia

Options
Has anybody used this program to fuel your body and lose weight?

Replies

• BradandLibby
    BradandLibby Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I fell for the “health coach” bit. And I was always taken aback when, at the end of our chats, I would be asked about which foods I was going to order. What?!?! Your’re not solely concerned with my health?!?! And in the beginning the plan gives you between 800-1100 calories. Silly me, I didn’t research it beforehand, but I was caught at a low point health wise. Live and learn, as I have lots of product sitting in my cabinet. I think I’m going to donate it.
  • jrogersj
    jrogersj Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your feedback. I appreciate it.
  • fuzzylop_
    fuzzylop_ Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hmm, when I did it, you had to have 5 of their pre-packaged products per day + 1 solid meal (5 & 1 program). It could be it has changed, though. My information is from quite a few years ago, admittedly.
  • kcmcbee
    kcmcbee Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    fuzzylop_ wrote: »
    Hmm, when I did it, you had to have 5 of their pre-packaged products per day + 1 solid meal (5 & 1 program). It could be it has changed, though. My information is from quite a few years ago, admittedly.

I did the 5-1 also. On maintenance now but I like some of their bars and still use then along with some others I like. But you don’t have to use them. I did it for convenience and easy meal planning. And you have to buy other food anyway if you choose to prepare everything yourself so for me it made a hard thing easier. Worked for me.
  • carli_boni
    carli_boni Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just ordered optavia. I’ve done it before and it’s an excellent program. Very strict and exactly what I need right now. It’s a great way to jump start your weight loss and you don’t have to plan or measure exact your green meal at dinner. So what if it’s an MLM PLAN. The food is still the same. I don’t even use the coach. You don’t have to
  • mrspett323
    mrspett323 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Just started on 02/27/2020! Very excited, good luck!
  • summery79
    summery79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Dietitian here- I'd make sure to check in with your physician before adopting a program with calories that low. I know Optavia recommends (on their website) consulting with a physician first as well.
  • sjp3366
    sjp3366 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Read the ingredients on the packages. They are nothing more than the cheapest fillers, salt, oil, and chemicals. Eat real food. Don’t eat this kind of boxed food. You may lose weight, but you are not doing anything good for your body.
  • kcmcbee
    kcmcbee Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    sjp3366 wrote: »
    Read the ingredients on the packages. They are nothing more than the cheapest fillers, salt, oil, and chemicals. Eat real food. Don’t eat this kind of boxed food. You may lose weight, but you are not doing anything good for your body.
    sjp3366 wrote: »

Have you read the ingredients on their packages?
  • sschauer513
    sschauer513 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    While under doctor and dietitian care for being obese and losing weight used their products in the beginning. Did 2 shakes a day and bar some fruit for snacks and regular meal for dinner. Works very well a tad bland have to like their flavors but at the end of the day their shakes are just meal replacement so have moved to different shakes for that for mainly cost and flavors. But again this was all under doctor care as it is VLC.