Calories allowed

Options
Hi, I am hoping to loose 1lb per week and am on 1400 calories I lost 5 pounds in the first month but seem to be stuck now , should I reduce my calorie amount further or do I need to restart using my indoor spin bike

Replies

• ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear. Maintain your routine and keep doing what you were doing that was working before. The weight may come off in a "whoosh" after a week or two of stubbornness. I just went through two weeks with a flu bug and I GAINED 3-4 pounds from the congestion and inflammation, but after two weeks, I lost all that weight, plus the weight I was supposed to have lost over the two weeks I was sick. Have faith in your plan. It was working.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Ratbag138 wrote: »
    Hi, I am hoping to loose 1lb per week and am on 1400 calories I lost 5 pounds in the first month but seem to be stuck now , should I reduce my calorie amount further or do I need to restart using my indoor spin bike

At 5 lbs you are likely on the verge of a reduction in eating goal by a slight amount that is meaningful.

When you weigh less and do the same amount of activity - you eat less since you burn less.

So your idea of doing more will allow you to keep eating the same amount.

Of course that goal as given by MFP was for daily activity with NO exercise accounted for.

You do more in exercise and your daily goal will never be 1400, but always more.

Another life lesson MFP is trying to teach:
    you do more you eat more
    you do less you eat less

In a diet a tad less in either case, as the goal causes when you select a weight loss amount.

So if you've been eating 1400 the whole time or less, despite doing more with exercise and ignoring MFP increased goal - then you are likely stressing your body out and causing some adaptations that will not benefit you long term. Usually not short term either.

Measuring yourself?
    Much better to do along with scale.
    But if still losing inches but not weight body may already be stressed.