Replies

• jennyph2006
    jennyph2006 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    18,755 steps for today
  • laura2501
    laura2501 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    done a 10k for marie curie cancer care today as well as my normal walk did 41,757 steps
  • SeattleGrl
    SeattleGrl Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Amazing Laura, great job!
  • lamlam2468
    lamlam2468 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    11,146. Hopefully I'll be able to keep it up during the weekend.
  • SeattleGrl
    SeattleGrl Posts: 58 Member
    Options
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    14,333 - Hiked to the subway and then to the Hollywood Bowl and then back home again after a great concert! Gotta love not having to drive.
  • jennyph2006
    Options
    11,668 steps today
  • lamlam2468
    Options
    I couldn't find the exercise you created under cardio of walking (steps not calories). I tried to create something similar, as my pedometer shows how many calories I burned in a day. However, when I create the exercise, it says I have to fill in a number for the duration. It's hard for me to calculate that, as I wear it always. Any advice you can give, I'd greatly appreciate. Thanks!
  • lamlam2468
    Options
    12,229. Started out slow today but pushed late in the day with indoor mall walking, as it rained all day.
  • jennyph2006
    Options
  • wendybird5
    Options
    I couldn't find the exercise you created under cardio of walking (steps not calories). I tried to create something similar, as my pedometer shows how many calories I burned in a day. However, when I create the exercise, it says I have to fill in a number for the duration. It's hard for me to calculate that, as I wear it always. Any advice you can give, I'd greatly appreciate. Thanks!

It's listed as Walking (steps instead of minutes). It will still ask for minutes, just enter in steps instead and it will calculate the calories for you.
  • wendybird5
    Options
    I barely did 10,000 yesterday. Walked to my boyfriend's office and found that I was still short calories, so I walked in circles in the parking lot until I hit my number. I must have looked so silly. And I don't care as I'm very happy I hit the goal yet again.

Today I am on my way to Lake Arrowhead and looking forward to doing 10,000 steps around the Lake.
  • lamlam2468
    Options
    14,193 -- weather much better today so I was able to enjoy the fresh, cool air. Also, thanks for the exercise listing tip for using my pedometer. I was able to enter it right. And awesome you hit your 10,000. Don't feel embarrassed about walking in circles. We do what it takes to get those steps in. Keep up the good work!!!!
  • wendybird5
    Options
    Was not able to make my full 10,000 yesterday. :grumble: We went up to Lake Arrowhead with the bf's family and after dinner set out to walk around the lake. Jeff brought his young nephew who, predictably, wanted to turn around and go back for cupcakes as soon as possible (although he does love to run and I got some sprints in chasing after him). Got in just over 6000 steps so at least I was over halfway.

Today we are going camping for the next three days and I've been promised that there will be lots of hiking trails. :happy:
  • jennyph2006
    Options
    11,460 steps today
  • lamlam2468
    Options
    15,218 steps. In addition to my 1-hour walk, mowing the lawn with the push mower added quite a bit. I think my all-time high walking with a pedometer is around 16,000, so I am hoping to break that record this month.
  • laura2501
    laura2501 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    27,154 steps today:happy:
  • jennyph2006
    Options
    11,402 steps today!!
  • lamlam2468
    Options
    10,052 -- did the last 200 steps pacing in the house -- pathetic, but I made the goal.
  • wendybird5
    Options
    Great job everyone!!! It's so inspiring to see how well everyone is doing. Special thanks to lamlam2468 for setting this challenge that I'm definitely loving.

I ended up missing my goal on Monday due to an unusually long road trip to our campsite that left me only with a limited amount of daylight for walking. Made up for it yesterday with a two hour hike on a trail and then walking back and forth in front of our campsite running away from mosquitos while the bf made dinner.

Back home today and it's hot as heck already. Am going to wait until evening to get my steps in.