Lost 240lbs in one day

Options
Don't know if this is either motivation or support or neither, but yesterday was my birthday and I told my husband of almost 8 years (together 21 this year) that I am done. Hence losing 240lbs in one day. Things have been not good for about 6 years, horrible for the last 1.5. I feel sad, but more at the fact of having a failed marriage, not in losing him. He likes his beer alot more than his family and I've been pretty depressed for the past year and a half. I am hoping the lack of stress and worry will help me keep on track and get this weight off. No more tip toeing around, I can just do me now... And that is a wonderful feeling

Replies

• QuinntessentiallyMe
    QuinntessentiallyMe Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Blessings to you in this new (and hopefully much better) stage of your life. <3
  • timlangan42
    timlangan42 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Cha Cha. It sounds like you gave yourself a thoughtful gift. Best wishes to the new you. :)
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    You will find your courage, your strength and your joy. Give yourself some time to grieve, heal, and find out what you want!!
    ((HUGS)) to you!!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    And Happy Birthday(plus 1 day)!! Use the new year towards a new you!!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday and congrats on making a tough decision! It will be tough at first, but in a few months you'll look back and be grateful you made a choice for YOU to improve your life.

Please don't look at this as a failure on your part. It takes two people to make a relationship work. It's simply time to close a chapter and start a new one.
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Good for you. This is much better than I imagined opening up this thread... I was half fearing that you had got into an accident and lost several appendages or something!

Best of luck with the weight loss and moving forward in general.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    It takes guts and determination to make a decision like that so if you can do that you can do anything!

Happy birthday, welcome to your new life, you've got this!
  • cha_cha_cha_changes2020
    Options
    merph518 wrote: »
    Good for you. This is much better than I imagined opening up this thread... I was half fearing that you had got into an accident and lost several appendages or something!

Best of luck with the weight loss and moving forward in general.

LOL nope I have all my appendages

Thank you
  • craftymelli7
    craftymelli7 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Good for you on moving forward and not staying stuck. You made a tough but good decision. You need to do what is best for you. It sounds like the choice you made is the right one.
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    That takes guts. I'm sorry for all of you; it's always sad in some ways, but I'm so happy for you. Walking away was one of the best things I ever did for myself. And while I struggled being away from the kids at first, I finally found pleasure in the extra time I gained and the reduced workload. (He complained about how much time and energy he now had to expend . . . hmm, wonder why?)

Good luck moving forward.
    Options
    It's been a very quiet few days around here. We have not spoke of divorce or separation or really anything at all. He does his thing I do mine. The time is going to have to come where we sit down and talk. And I am dreading that day.
    Thank you guys for all the support.. I hope you are all doing well on your journey.. I am hoping to start seeing the scale move here soon!!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    Sometimes putting off difficult conversations makes it worse. I'm not advising you one way or the other since you're the one involved in the situation but if he's staying quiet just to avoid the situation (and possibly hoping you'll change your mind) you're probably better off addressing things sooner than later.

Maybe he'll actually make some changes that you would be happy with, who knows? But communication is required to move forward.
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Sometimes putting off difficult conversations makes it worse. I'm not advising you one way or the other since you're the one involved in the situation but if he's staying quiet just to avoid the situation (and possibly hoping you'll change your mind) you're probably better off addressing things sooner than later.

Maybe he'll actually make some changes that you would be happy with, who knows? But communication is required to move forward.

Normally I would 100% agree with you. We have had this conversation 100 times over the last 20 years, 3 weeks ago was the most recent. I'm just tired of talking knowing nothing is going to change at least not for any longer than a month or two. We have not slept in the same room or really been a married couple in over a year. It's just time to worry about myself, and better myself, and hope in the process he does the same. Not for me, but for himself. His beer comes 1st and that's his mindset. He won't admit that with words, but action speaks louder than words.

Anyways, here's to cha cha cha changes!!