Over 100lbs to lose!

Options
Right now I’m 5’-9” and 253lbs. This is almost the heaviest I’ve been in my 44 years! Depression and stress has been keeping me down.... I let working two jobs interfere with my happiness as well.... BUT today I need to kick myself in the butt and stop this craziness and get moving!

I’m putting me first for a change and going to get to my goal of 150lbs!

Who else is in the same boat as me?! Looking for support or motivation....?

Replies

• Chris_J99
    Chris_J99 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started at 224 and my goal is 150.
    I think our journeys sound similar!
    Log all of your meals and snacks. Maths will be your friend! It does work.
    You got this
    😁💪🏼😁
  • Evette7
    Evette7 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    We are roughly the same weight, goals and age. I Sent you a request!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    Hi there ... I started at 269 on the 1st of Jan ... I am down 23 lbs ...Feel free to add me ......wishing you the very best :)
  • Nachoemailaddressanymore
    Options
    I'm just starting out at 236, I'd like to get down to 240. So I am right there with ya! Stress from life just became super heavy for the last few years. Things have changed and I am finally in a calm down down period so it's time to focus on me. Add me if you would like as well. Starting today I will be tracking everything.
  • aperfectnut
    aperfectnut Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    @ChrisNorthover thank you! I have to create a good habit of logging everything and starting a good routine for myself!

@Evette7 & @Megan_smartiepants1970 thanks for the adds, I appreciate help to keep me on track this time!

@Nachoemailaddressanymore I still feel like my life is in a giant storm but I’m forcing myself to come out of this and become the happy 150lb person I always was. I’ve sent you a request too!
  • luvscats1
    luvscats1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello. 68 years old here. I started out at 326, current weight 295. Finally got below the 300 mark! YAY!! Have been in the 300's for so long! My highest weight in 2014 was 344. I am a diabetic, have arthritis bad in both knees and back. My hips are bone on bone as well as both of my knees. Very little exercise, but I do what I can do.

I am really trying this time. I have been on so many different kinds of diets it's funny. I even tried hypnosis, acupuncture and diet pills (long time ago!). I am now logging down my food intake daily, drinking 6 - 8 glasses of water and like I said, exercising as much as I can.

I could use all the support I can get! I have such a long way to go! I really would like to get to 200 at least. (More if possible!)

Glad to lend any support I can to others as well!

Have a great day and let's get this weight off!

• aperfectnut
    Options
    @luvscats1 I can honestly relate, exercise is definitely hard to get in when your in pain, I have fibromyalgia, and a desk job.....

I came in here for support and keep me motivated, so I’m definitely willing to support others and hopefully we can all inspire people with our progress!
  • luvscats1
    luvscats1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    @aperfectnut, thanks. If I am not being too personal, what weight did you start at and what weight are you at now? I don't think there are many people here that have as much to lose as I do, but I've gotta start somewhere and I brought this on myself anyway.

• aperfectnut
    Options
    @luvscats1 Not to personal at all, I came here to be open and honest and have support so being truthful will only help me.

My highest was 260, I used to be 125lbs not even 10 years ago, but my goal is now 150lbs.....

You’ve accomplished a lot already being down 49lbs, that’s awesome for you! You have to get to a point where your comfortable healthy, and happy. However many pounds that might be for yourself.

We both have the same goal of losing around 100lbs so let’s keep each other motivated!
  • aperfectnut
    Options
    Today would have been a great day for me to say forget it and not do a workout. Typically I would have caved and had some sort of quick dinner that is terrible for me too. And probably laid on the couch feeling sorry for myself.

Getting up at 5am, staring work at 6:30am and not stopping for 9 hours kills me and my body. I’ve requested a stand up desk to help, we will see how that goes! Coming home to laundry, a sick cat and a bunch of “work from home” work to do. Will definitely sleep good tonight!

Thankfully I went through my newsfeed at lunch and was inspired by @ChrisNorthover seeing the workout. I was determined to get it done!

Crushed my goals today!

• Chris_J99
    Chris_J99 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Woohoo @aperfectnut 😁 way to go!! Crush that workout 🏋️‍♀️💪🏼💪🏼🎉
  • blueunicorn125
    blueunicorn125 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I’m looking to crush many of my goals this year! I am needing active, encouraging friends! Maybe we can help keep each other accountable. Anyone else can feel free to add me as well! We got this!
  • carlydettman
    carlydettman Posts: 5 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Hello there! I also share a goal of losing over 100 lbs. Within the last couple years, I’ve been in grad school full time, working full time, and gone through many stressful family situations, and a breakup that put me in situational depression. I tend to cope with depression, anxiety, and stress by eating too much and not exercising! A few weeks ago, I weighed myself and was at 241- by far the heaviest I’ve ever weighed. And definitely concerning as I am 5’5. I am down to 232 since starting. My goal weight is 125-130. I’m hoping to accomplish this in a little over one year! If anyone else can relate, or is just looking for more friends on here to support one another in our health journeys, please feel free to add me!
  • aperfectnut
    Options
    @blueunicorn125 & @carlydettman we are definitely in the same boat! I’m in let’s crush more goals and keep each other moving!

Added you both and looking forward to keeping each other motivated!
  • blueunicorn125
    blueunicorn125 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I look forward to it!
  • carlydettman
    carlydettman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    @aperfectnut awesome, we got this!!!
  • jennyad7
    jennyad7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started with 126 pounds to lose and am down to wanting to lose 94. It can be hard to stay on track, but I really want to do this.
  • 1yeartohealth
    1yeartohealth Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just started back trying again. I'm 44 270 at only 5'3' so I'm considered morbidly obese though I don't feel like it. No diebetes or high blood pressure or any of those issues yet so I really have to take care of this now before I do develope those problems. I would like to get down to 150 but I don't know if that is possible I haven't seen that number since I was about 15 years old.
  • aperfectnut
    Options
    @jennyad7 we can do this!! Help each other stay motivated!

@1yeartohealth you can do anything you put your mind to, baby steps, make small goals to work your way to, stick with us and we can help you stay motivated!