Anybody tried Arctic Zero? (ice cream alternative) pls post

Options

Replies

• SophRW
    SophRW Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I love this stuff! The vanilla with a hint of maple is my favorite (with a splash of Silk Milk light and a sprinkle of slivered almonds).
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I bought a chocolate peanut butter pint and a coffee pint. They are both going in the garbage. The chocolate peanut butter is horrible tasting and has a funny smell. It reminded me of wet cardboard. Yuck. The coffee flavor honestly wasn't bad. It wasn't as creamy as a fat free ice cream, but I expected that based on ingredients. The flavor was just very watered down. It was like they had a decent flavor going but it needed to be about 10x stronger. I had one serving of it and although the flavor was ok it did not come close to making me feel like I ate ice cream and it had a weird aftertaste. Sure, you can eat the whole pint but who would want to? I'd rather save some calories during the day and have real ice cream later. Two big thumbs down.
  • JJostesCheng
    Options
    Well with so many different opinions on this stuff now I gotta try it for myself!:smile:
  • Winner808
    Options
    you need to eat it when its half melted or it wont be good. itll be too icey and watery. but if its half melted its literally 100x better...

(for all those who say they dont like it)
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I tried the chocolate peanut butter one.. It basically tasted like a protein shake frozen... gritty... not good.

LOL... Didn't realize this was a zombie post!!!
  • Louree85
    Louree85 Posts: 1
    Options
    Coffee flavor is good. Got mine at Sprouts grocer for $3.99. :-)
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    I've found it at Sprouts Market here in Az, on sale its 2 for $5.00 ..at times I've got it for $3.99. Local groceries and Wal*Mart are upwards of $5.

It's not bad. It is NOT Ben & Jerrys or Hagen Daz but I've got a few pints in the freezer and they do the trick for me. I will admit I've added Walden Farms caramel syrup to the Vanilla Maple as well as to the Sea Salt Caramel. Strawberry syrup from Walden Farms also is good on the Vanilla Maple. There are NO cookies in any of their cookie flavors but the Cookies & Cream and Chocolate Mint aren't horrid but could use more flavor (again, Walden Farms helps, lol). Coffee isn't bad, Chocolate PB needs "something". LOL

I might experiment with some Torani or DaVinci syrup next, but really am liking the Walden Farms stuff on it (probably the only stuff edible besides their pancake syrup)

You need to nuke it a bit or let it sit for it to be on the "creamier" side. Again, for 150 calories a pint ....it works for me. Other "ice cream" is just a tease for the serving size. BTW this stuff does not call itself 'ice cream' so one really can't compare it to such.
  • Naley2322
    Naley2322 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I've been eating it for the bast 3 years! I actually like the vanilla / coffee and the new coconut / salted caramel and the orange cream pints :) I hate chocolate so I'm glad they have more chocolate free flavors!

I also put sugar free torani on it sometimes!
  • girlongoing
    girlongoing Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    i bought the coffee flavor one around 2 years ago and it sucked. the coffee flavor tasted like black coffee and it wasn't creamy at all. i much prefer breyer's carbsmart. it tastes like real ice cream!
  • Naley2322
    Naley2322 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Also put it in the microwave for a few seconds and it gets creamy!
  • cwoyto123
    cwoyto123 Posts: 308
    Options
    It is absolutely disgusting, almost 5 dollars for water that is barely 150 calories.
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I love them all. I greatly reduced my sugar and when I tried to eat regular icecream I got a stomach ache, so my husband had chocolate peanut butter Arctic Zero! I tried it and I've been hooked ever since.

Flavors I've tried
    -mint chocolate
    -chocolate
    -vanilla maple
    -chocolate peanut butter

I have ordered the pumpkin spice for the holidays. Can't wait.
  • aubaby
    aubaby Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I tried the chocolate, strawberry and peanut butter. Strawberry was the best to me. I gave it up when I read an article about how off the calorie count was.
  • hottylioness
    Options
    Some are good, some are not. I actually LOVE So Delicious. They have a variety of products that are all just YUM.
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Wasn't this on the Today Show for lying about the calories?
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    It's fake ice cream, it tastes like fake ice cream but it is edible if you are on super low cals and have sweet cravings.

I had choc pb and thought it was fine. (I firkin love PB though :laugh:)

and yeah, the cals may be slightly understated. Still pretty damn low though.
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I bought some last year at Walmart. It is pretty pricey considering it is pretty tasteless and is like eating flavored ice! I would rather have real ice cream or just go through a drive through and get a cone myself.
    Skinny Cow fudge bars are good and so are their Ice Cream sandwiches. Local Aldi stores have the Skinny Cow knock off ice cream sandwiches now too that are cheaper. Weight watchers indiv. ice cream cups are good too as are the Healthy Choice frozen greek yogurt. Yes you do pay for the small indiv. size serving cups but for me that works better than bringing a 1/2 gallon of ice cream into my house.
  • popsicklestar
    popsicklestar Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I was into it for a little while, but it's not really that good. It doesn't really taste like ice cream. I kind of decided I'd rather have a half cup of an ice cream I really love than a whole pint of arctic zero.
  • JoannaEngel84
    JoannaEngel84 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    TERRIBLE substitute for ice cream. I'd rather go without. I did not enjoy it at all. Took two bites, it sat in the freezer for 2 months and I finally threw it out.