8 week recomp! Where to next? (Photos included)

KimmalyS
KimmalyS Posts: 131 Member
29 y/o
Start weight 136
End of 8 weeks- 131
Weights: 5x
Cardio- 4x @ 30 mins

Here are my results from my 8 wk recomp.
Currently my macros are c: 217, p: 120 f: 51.

I’d love to gain volume in my glutes and legs and then lean out for summer.

How do I go about adjusting my macros? Should I just continue on with my current routine?
jo1yst8zvb52.jpeg

[Edited by MFP Staff]

Replies

• happysquatter
    happysquatter Posts: 91 Member
    Amazing work! Looks like a successful recomp/ mini cut

For your legs/glutes - what is your current lifting program ?

Adding more volume to your squats/leg presses and deadlifts/hip thrusts should yield a good result.

If you don’t currently have an intensity day baked in, that might be a good addition

Your macros should be fine; you could maybe up your protein by about 10 grams but it’s not imperative.

Congrats again!

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited March 2020
    Macros are in the ball park.

Targeting just a tad higher in protein.

1. Protein 140 if you choose to continue to lose weight at the same rate.
    2. Protien 130 if you plan on adding LBM.

You didn't post your current routine so there isn't any info to draw next step conclusion(s). So maybe continue current routine.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,069 Member
    I wouldn't call it a recomp, more of a cut, but you look fantastic! I say keep doing what you are doing because it is obviously working.
  • GaryRuns
    GaryRuns Posts: 508 Member
    I wouldn't call it a recomp, more of a cut, but you look fantastic! I say keep doing what you are doing because it is obviously working.

I agree. You primarily lost fat so it was more of a cut. It was a great cut though. Really significant aesthetic improvement.

For glutes look for plans from Bret Contreras, Stephanie Buttermore or Jeff Nippard.