My weight loss is not what it should be according to this si

Options
I see everyday when I submit my diary that the message says, if you eat this way everyday, you will weigh ### by this date. But I see my weight going up instead of down. I am having a hard time knowing what to believe for calories and such on here. I have it set to lose 1.5 lbs. a week. I do not go over the calorie limit and I am not eating bad foods. Very frustrated!

Replies

• whatwentwrong
    Options
    talk to your doctor! it sounds like something else is affecting your weight loss.
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    What kind of workout you do? What type of foods you eat? Your metabolism might be slow or either you are gaining muscle. Try to boost up your metabolism by eating 5 times a day and drink lots of water more than 64 oz. You can also drink before each meal one cup of green tea or try fish oil. I would also change up my workout so you would move different muscle group to trick your body. I hope it helps.

www.bodyrock.tv
    www.myomytv.com
    www.diet.com
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Its hard to assist without seeing your diary!

Well you are under your calories, are you eatting too little? Are you drinking enough water? Are you watching your Sodium in take? There are so many things that can contribute.

The "you will weight" this much button only looks at your food but if you are not eatting enough and exercising a lot, you might not be eatting enough....

If you would like to open your diary it would be easier for others to look and make suggests!

Don't get discouraged! You can do it!
  • PatientBearTiger
    Options
    talk to your doctor! it sounds like something else is affecting your weight loss.

Actually, it sounds like we don't have enough information. How much are you trying to lose? How often do you work out? What kind of exercise do you do? How many calories are you burning? How much water are you drinking? How's your sodium intake? How tall are you and what do you currently weigh? Lots of info missing.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Several possibilities...

1. not tracking accurate food
    2. not tracking accurate exercise
    3. not eating enough
    4. gaining muscle weight from exercising a lot

Can't see your diary, no idea how much you need to lose or weigh....but if you have less than 30 lbs to lose you should consider changing it to 1/2 lb a week.
  • brittmiles07
    Options
    Do you mean your actual weight is going up? Or the "you will weigh *** in 5 weeks" is going up? Mine changes day by day, even if I eat and have the same activity level. IDK how they really figure that out.
  • judkinsjenny
    Options
    if your like me and have put your body into starvation mode over the years of crappy eating, it may take a couple weeks or so for your body to trust that you will feed it. it may be packing on fat because it senses times of plenty but expects time of starvation. and of course all the great advice from everyone else. open your diary and well take alook see :)
  • soifua
    Options
    someone posted here last week that she didn't loose anything for months (6, I believe), she kept her calorie count in check and did her workouts, THEN she decided to increase sleep and get at least 7.5 hrs of sleep a night, she lost 14 pounds in 2 weeks. Just a theory, but I'm trying that one out, since I haven't budged in 6 months and I've been getting little sleep.
  • afowler05
    Options
    I just tried to unlock my food diary. Not sure if it worked or not. I am new to this.
  • whatwentwrong
    Options

Actually, it sounds like we don't have enough information. How much are you trying to lose? How often do you work out? What kind of exercise do you do? How many calories are you burning? How much water are you drinking? How's your sodium intake? How tall are you and what do you currently weigh? Lots of info missing.

i'm sorry- i have a few weight-gaining medical conditions so that's the first thing that jumped to my mind. obviously there are lots of other factors tho :)
  • afowler05
    Options
    I actually have an appt. with a doctor Tuesday to see if he will run some tests to see if there is a problem preventing me from losing weight.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I actually have an appt. with a doctor Tuesday to see if he will run some tests to see if there is a problem preventing me from losing weight.

Make sure to ask him about Cushings disease/syndrome :) It's an excessive production of cortisol I think that causes weight gain and inability to lose, along with a bunch of other symptoms. It is very rare but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be tested for it!
  • afowler05
    Options
    I've never heard of it, but I will ask about it.
  • aprilhelmreich
    aprilhelmreich Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    if your like me and have put your body into starvation mode over the years of crappy eating, it may take a couple weeks or so for your body to trust that you will feed it. it may be packing on fat because it senses times of plenty but expects time of starvation. and of course all the great advice from everyone else. open your diary and well take alook see :)

It took my body two weeks to start to see the scale go down. And those two weeks I ate all my calories- including exercise ones- and didn't eat bad foods. I now drink over a gallon of water a day and eat 1/2 to 3/4 of my exercise calories and the weight is coming off. FINALLY!
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    I would cut of the cracker and banana for sure and the sauces, but otherwise your diary looks okay to me. Eat some more citrus fruits like grapefruit or orange. If you like lemon drink water with real lemon juice that also might help to boost up your metabolism. Do cardio and strength training switching up like each week so you will put your body for a challenge. Exercise at least 5 times a week and do some rest day like exercise from Monday to wednesday and then from thursday to saturday sunday off again so your body will have time to recover and water lots of it I mean more than 64 oz.
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Now I only looked at a week or so.

Are you getting enough fiber and veggies? You may want to look at reducing the amount of processed foods and carbs.

You are getting a great amount of protein

Look at the sugar and the carbs in the foods you are selecting

For water, take your weight and divide by 2- that will give you how many ozs your body needs. Take that number and divide by 8- that is how many glasses you should be aiming for each day! That number goes up as you work out!!!

Its good you are going to see your Dr but take a good look at what you are eatting!

Not sure if this will help but stay positive!!!! You can do this!
  • PatientBearTiger
    Options
    I've never heard of it, but I will ask about it.

Yup. Be sure to ask about a disease that some random internet poster mentioned without knowing anything about you rather than letting the doctor actually do his job. Good plan. :huh:
  • ResilientWoman
    ResilientWoman Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    That's because it's a little more complicated. I don't think you have a medical issue unless maybe you're hypothyroid (I am, still shed >100 lbs.) but I think you'd find Jack Kruse's info on Leptin Reset protocols fascinating.

Friend me.
    Hugs!
  • Soccer_chick916
    Soccer_chick916 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Definitely talk to your doctor, you may have a thyroid problem or a vitamin B deficiency. Both are treatable.
  • Soccer_chick916
    Soccer_chick916 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    @ResilientWoman Wow you lost 100lbs great job, you an inspiration!!!