Really not happy with myself

Options
I went over on my calories for the first time. I wished I hadn't ate what I did...I hate fast food workers, they just don't pay attention. Asked for a JR whopper...the california one....well, they gave me a full sized one. I wished I had gone back up there and said something. I did exersice so I'm only about 250 over...so I guess it's not horrible and I don't make it a habit by any means. I'll try not to do it again tomorrow....my hubby's parents are going to be here and it's going to be so much harder to track calories, they always take us out somewhere.

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    It is only one day. Drink lots of water and you'll be fine. As for going out to dinner with your inlaws - ask for a to go box as soon as they bring you the food. Then divide the meal in half and only eat the half on your plate.

If possible, look up online nutrition facts for wherever you are going. If that isn't possible, do the best you can to make a healthy choice off the menu. You'll be fine. :)
  • butterfly0819
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself. A crappy day or crappy meal happens to the best of us. Regroup and have a better day tomorrow!! :-)
  • CindiBryce
    Options
    I went over on my calories for the first time. I wished I hadn't ate what I did...I hate fast food workers, they just don't pay attention. Asked for a JR whopper...the california one....well, they gave me a full sized one. I wished I had gone back up there and said something. I did exersice so I'm only about 250 over...so I guess it's not horrible and I don't make it a habit by any means. I'll try not to do it again tomorrow....my hubby's parents are going to be here and it's going to be so much harder to track calories, they always take us out somewhere.
    You should be more assertive in the future. If there is something that dissatisfies you, speak your mind! It is your health, after all.
  • PatientBearTiger
    Options
    You should be more assertive in the future. If there is something that dissatisfies you, speak your mind! It is your health, after all.

^^^^^This. If they give you the wrong thing, take it back and get the right thing. What if they had given you crap on a bun?
  • willdbill0712
    willdbill0712 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Domino's gave me the right thing and I still ate the whole pizza tonight, so, don't feel bad. Like was said earlier, it is only one day. The difference now is you are conscious of what you are eating, and that is a VERY big step.

Best of luck with the in-laws!
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Take care of yourself first. You are the most important person you have on your weight loss team.
    Your inlaws should support your need to eat healthy. If they don't, feel sorry for them, it is their loss. Supporting others is the most rewarding thing I know of.
    why were you in BK in the first place? Sorry to sound mean, but you do have to make some absolute decisions about where you are willing to eat. If I were your inlaws and I knew you had just eaten at BK, I would assume you were not very serious about improving your health.
    You can advocate for yourself; try it, you'll like it!
  • shnazzy
    shnazzy Posts: 213
    Options
    dont be sooo hard on yourself 250 isnt much :smile: just do a little bit extra excercise today :smile:
  • whatwentwrong
    Options
    don't feel bad! some days you'll be over, some days you'll be under :) besides, what, 250 calories? less than a tenth of a pound :P

also, i'm HORRIBLE at doing this, if i get fast food i'm like, well i paid for it i might as well eat it all- but if something like that happens again, you could always try and eat only half the full-size whopper or something, maybe saving the rest for the next day if it doesn't get too gross. but if you eat it all, like i said before, 250 extra calories are not gonna matter in the long run if you're working hard :D

(also again, i wouldn't take it back either >_< *fails at being assertive*)
  • CindiBryce
    Options
    why were you in BK in the first place? Sorry to sound mean, but you do have to make some absolute decisions about where you are willing to eat.
    I agree. I looked at your food diary, and noticed that you also had an additional hamburger from McDonald's for a snack, as well as fries. And you had another hamburger the day before. (sorry for being nosy, just want to help) If you want to be healthier, cut out the junk. Junk is for garbage cans, not for you. It's great that you found MFP, and use it to track calories, but now you need to make sure they are the right ones. Nonetheless, congrats on losing 17 pounds so far!
  • Tammyinbali
    Tammyinbali Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Let me start off by saying that some days we go over & some days we're under. If it's a lifestyle change(which is probably what most of us on this site need) rather than a 'diet' that you're aiming for, you've got to allow yourself some 'naughty' food once in awhile. Having said that, I also looked over your food diary & it seems that you are having 'naughty' food almost daily. I don't think counting calories alone will change anything for you (or anybody) long term. I think the aim is to change your lifestyle to become a healthier person. I notice that most of your calories come from unhealthy food & you have virtually no vegetables or fruit included in your diet (which is not at all healthy). Maybe look up a food pyramid & get a clear idea of how many servings of each food group you should be eating. I used weight watchers years ago & remember that they suggest (if I remember correctly) minimum 5 fruit & vegetable servings/day, 3 dairy servings/day, 3 or 5 servings grains/day, and at least 8 glasses of water/day (I'm sure there's something I'm missing but I can't remember right now). I don't think cutting out all the healthy stuff just so you can fill your calorie quota with 'crap' is a good long term plan. Good luck!
  • fitmummy3
    Options
    Don't stress, we all have bad days. Just go a little lighter on another day. If you get taken out to a restaurant or something just remember to stay away from sauces and dressings. Opt for a light salad and skip the pudding, you'll easily gain back the deficit.
  • kittuk86
    kittuk86 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    You ate it because you wanted to!! It was delicious, you got tempted & you ate it. so what???? Dont feel bad about it because it happens to everyone atleast once!

For everyday that you exceed your calorie limit, work out for 30mins more. Focus on what you are going to do next than think about what happened! You enjoyed your meal n now youll work it out like a good girl :)
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Im sure you are not the first to do this. I would have ate it too! Temptation is very hard. You just have to want to be fit more than you want that burger. Dont beat yourself up and dont turn one bad meal into a bad day or week. Your doing great! 17lbs is awesome! Keep up the great work!