Macro Help (progress pics)

Options
29 y/o - Sedentary job
Start weight 136
End of 8 weeks- 131
Weights: 5x
Cardio- 4x @ 30 mins

Here are my results from my 8 wk recomp.
Currently my macros are c: 217, p: 120 f: 51.

I’d love to gain volume in my glutes and legs and then lean out for summer.

How do I go about adjusting my macros? Should I just continue on with my current routine?7nmofila85uv.jpeg
tjlozxx46ggz.jpeg
urn8n06ownfm.jpeg

Replies

• spraytanninghelens
    spraytanninghelens Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Amazing work!!! You look great! keep up what you’re doing because it’s getting results 🙌
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Remarkable progress, well done.

Why adjust your macros at all? You are getting a good level of protein and adequate fat, once those needs are met you get freedom to choose how to fill the rest of your calorie allowance.

Might be time to adjust up your calories to maintenance though in light of your goals of getting leaner and adding muscle. The additional calories can come from any or all of the macros.

Might also be time to review your lifting routine to ensure it matches your glute/leg goals but you haven't mentioned what your current routine is or if your progress is slowing.
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    cupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 1,095 Member
    Options
    Yr training is going to drive yr leg and glute development. That’s why pple keep asking g what programme you are following. Is it one you made up yourself? If it is, get on an established programme. Look on the other forum where you have posted (gaining/bodybuilding)
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Time for Squats and lower body work. Dido above recommendations. Not sure you need to increase calories. Monitor your energy level and recovery. Your body will tell you if you need more protien because you won't recover fast enough (still sore 2-3 days later). Can't finish your routine or reducing reps, time weight etc.. ( not enough calories for your program).
  • CardinalComb
    CardinalComb Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Too many carbos
  • KimmalyS
    KimmalyS Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Yr training is going to drive yr leg and glute development. That’s why pple keep asking g what programme you are following. Is it one you made up yourself? If it is, get on an established programme. Look on the other forum where you have posted (gaining/bodybuilding)

Sorry for the delayed response everyone. I’m not quite sure on how to answer that’- I’m following a workout routine by Katy Hearn... there’s a wide range of different exercises ... deadlifts, squats lunges, supersets... Working upper and lower parts of the body on different days.. here’s an example of a couple of my workout days

eayc6yldl6am.png
    19mava70nmg0.png
    3pfih4vabryj.png

• happysquatter
    happysquatter Posts: 91 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Re-replying here; you have the same post, in gaining

Since you want to gain mass (volume) in your legs and glutes, I would ask, are you happy with the gains this current program is giving you? Are you still making gains?

If so, then carry on

I'll say here what I said there, if you do not change any other variables, you might benefit from a little bit more protein. Some individuals respond better to higher protein in a deficit, some it makes no difference, but it's a variable that you can make use of.