Haven’t gotten my period

Options
I’m not pregnant but I haven’t gotten my period from last month could this be why I’m holding on to weight ?

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    You might be having an annovulatory cycle. If you reach 60 days without starting your period it might be worth asking your doctor about jump starting it.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    harper16 wrote: »
    You might be having an annovulatory cycle. If you reach 60 days without starting your period it might be worth asking your doctor about jump starting it.

I have a friend who takes medication so that she never has one. Her doctor told her that "unless a woman was trying to conceive, there was no reason for her to have one". *shakes head* I think for me, I'd rather just let nature take her course.....

But anyway, your cycle will change as you get older, and being late once in a while, or a little early, going shorter or missing once in a while isn't a big deal. But if you miss consistently, go longer than I think what - 10 days? can't remember - notice coloring is different, a bad smell or anything else that doesn't seem quite right, talk to your doctor.
  • sdavis484
    sdavis484 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I once missed a cycle. Doctor said it's normal and happens to 20% of women and it occured bc I didn't ovulate. My body still prepared to ovulate and I needed to shed that tissue still, so he said I would have a period in 2 weeks. I did. Thus began a new cycle.
  • Priasmama416
    Priasmama416 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Definitely the reason to hold weight, if your cycle is off, then your hormones are off causing weight gain and water retention
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Definitely the reason to hold weight, if your cycle is off, then your hormones are off causing weight gain and water retention

Agreed, missed periods are often a sign that something is out of whack, particularly with hormones, and fluctuating hormones can cause some serious bloating or water retention. As some of the above posters have mentioned, if you miss more than one(60 days without a period) see a doctor.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating?
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »

And how much are you exercising?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,950 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    lorrpb wrote: »

And how much are you exercising?

Yes, I went three months without a period when I was a full time yoga teacher, working out, and also walking a lot.
  • jlsjenni1992
    jlsjenni1992 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys I’m not pregnant still haven’t had period .Ive had problems with my hormones in the past ..I’m going to make appointment with dr
  • kperk91
    kperk91 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    It may also depend on if you take any hormonal birth control.
    My experience with no periods:
    I've been on the same pill for 10 years. In the last year and a half, I have gotten 2 "normal" periods. Normal for me is light for 3ish days. My gyno isn't worried and attributes it to the low dose of hormones in my pill....