Weight loss help ASAP

Options
I’m joining the marines in the near future and have my medical in 3 months time. I need to lose 3 stone to hit their BMI requirements. What should my calorie intake be and how many would I need to burn to hit my goal?

Replies

• Wombat468
    Wombat468 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You'll need to plug your stats into this site and it'll tell you!
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    42lbs in 3 months is very amibitious, even for those with significant weight to lose. That is more than 2lbs/week, which is the highest deficit you can set for yourself on this site/app. You are going to have to buckle down and follow the calorie allotment MFP assigns to you very, very closely to achieve this kind of weight loss safely in such a short period of time. Not to be a negative Nancy but advice for very low calorie diets is against community policy because VLCD’s are just as detrimental to your health as obesity, if not more so. Take care.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,632 Member
    Options
    Change the time scale, realistically to a year if your end state is at healthy fat levels as opposed to overweight fat levels.

I note that the eligibility requirements seem to be willing to consider accommodating a waist size of 94cm (37") regardless of BMI and to accept a BMI of 28. https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/careers/joining/get-ready-to-join/royal-marines-commando/am-i-eligible