Worried about 1lb per week

Options
2ยป

Replies

• cherrylou123
    cherrylou123 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Take it slow and keep moving forward ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š.. Don't worry so much about the scale as long as you know that you are doing the healthy lifestyle.. Not everything is an instant so be patient and keep going ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    So the real question boils down to this:

Do you want to successfully lose 1lbs per week and be 52lbs lighter this time next year or unsuccessfully lose 2lbs per week and be exactly where you are or worse?

Successfully losing 1lbs per week is better than failing to lose 2lbs per week. Losing 0.5lbs per week is better than not losing.

Think about it this way. I started trying to lose weight when I was 20. If I had of lost at a rate of 0.25kg (250g/0.5lbs) per week I'd have been a healthy weight by 23 instead of finally starting to lose weight sensibly and sustainably at 43. Taking 3 years to lose weight may sound like a long time but it's nothing compared to taking 20 years to not lose weight.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    curious - what does your diet look like?
  • roger00022000
    roger00022000 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I would stick to 1lb per week as a reasonable goal. If you actually dig into things, like I tend to do, you will find that most dietitians say that it is a reasonable amount. Trying to lose too much, too fast can be detrimental to both your physical and mental well being. You want to lose more, but you are so hungry you snack, and don't lose any and it leads to being frustrated and depressed over not being successful in losing weight, which causes binging and the cycle continues. I shoot for 1 lb a week. I have been doing it for a month and even with the ups and downs, I'm actually down 3 pounds, so it works.