Love MFP

laqwm72
laqwm72 Posts: 4 Member
I began my journey of healthy eating and weight loss at 308 lbs. I was morbidly obese and beginning to have some serious health issues. My doctor told me I was in stage 3 kidney failure. I needed to make a change! I began trying to eat more fruits and vegetables and drink more water. I had some success but it was really slow going and I was easily frustrated by my weight fluctuations. Once I found MFP, my weight loss became more consistent and I was excited about the possibilities! I had my ups and downs, good days and bad but I felt like I finally had a tool to help me, that I could depend on. I finished out 2019 at 198 lbs! I have gone from a size 28 to a 14! I no longer take medicine to control my BP and cholesterol. I have not finished my journey but I am so much healthier and happier!

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,915 Member
    Amazing job....Congrats....I am restarting my journey at 265 ...type 2 diabetes...I know it can be done I just need to stop injuring myself
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    laqwm72 wrote: »
    I began my journey of healthy eating and weight loss at 308 lbs. I was morbidly obese and beginning to have some serious health issues. My doctor told me I was in stage 3 kidney failure. I needed to make a change! I began trying to eat more fruits and vegetables and drink more water. I had some success but it was really slow going and I was easily frustrated by my weight fluctuations. Once I found MFP, my weight loss became more consistent and I was excited about the possibilities! I had my ups and downs, good days and bad but I felt like I finally had a tool to help me, that I could depend on. I finished out 2019 at 198 lbs! I have gone from a size 28 to a 14! I no longer take medicine to control my BP and cholesterol. I have not finished my journey but I am so much healthier and happier!

tenor.gif
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Absolutely positively WOW! What a tremendous success story. Thank you so much for sharing and you are super amazing--YAY YOU and {{{{ <3 Hugs and the highest of fives <3 }}}}}}

P.S. BOOM!
  • wannabesmaller2017
    wannabesmaller2017 Posts: 433 Member
    That’s incredible!! Congratulations and thank you for sharing!😊
  • JudyCoventry3883
    JudyCoventry3883 Posts: 8 Member
    Yay you lady!!!
  • chasitystiff345
    chasitystiff345 Posts: 5 Member
    Congrats I’m on b/p to I have to lose weight to but did your doctor just took you off or when you lost the weight he did
  • Kaitie9399
    Kaitie9399 Posts: 1,271 Member
    Bravo!!!
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    wow that amazing keep it up
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Good For You, keep up the great work!!!
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Awesome! Congrats!
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,212 Member
    Fabulous story!
  • AlettaJean
    AlettaJean Posts: 23 Member
    That's really awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!