Meal plans

Options
Win_1
Win_1 Posts: 16 Member
Has anyone tried the meal plans like Home chef or blue apron, ect.? I’m trying to eat better and was wondering if it worked for other people. Thanks!

Replies

• MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    used homechef and hellofresh, was good for it taught me to cook with different spices/etc that i wasn’t familiar with but, tedious at times and they became beyond too veggie oriented for my liking so i quit them both after a few months. they had some good meals though that were well worth the time it took to prep and make them. Did have issues with rotten potatoes a few times from both (keep a bag of potatoes on hand if use these companies), bug in one of the herb packs and hellofresh started using a shipping provider other than fedex so my meals started not showing up on delivery day a lot, if ever..

Ended up using ‘factor 75’ for meals for almost a year after them, i liked it best since the meals are already all cooked and arrived fresh. just stick them in oven to heat them up (or microwave if preferred but, some meals are not as good that way). portions weren’t too bad and it was somewhat pricey (cheaper the more meals you get in your plan and even cheaper if you get their factor bucks after first order if they still do those) but, it was well worth it to me since i had to stop eating gluten foods for a few months and they offered gluten-free meals as well as keto and paleo meals. i only stopped because i got tired of the same meals for they didn’t offer more than like 2 newer ones each month which didn’t stick around after that month.

if its only for you, i’d recommend factor 75, if you enjoy cooking or need meals for a family than homechef.