Weight loss

I’m joining the marines in the near future and have my medical in 3 months time. I need to lose 3 stone to hit their BMI requirements. What should my calorie intake be and how many would I need to burn to hit my goal?

Replies

• natasor1
    natasor1 Posts: 271 Member
    its a lot. But good news, that young men have no problems to lose weight pretty fast. Just eat everything without carbs. Give up bread, pasta, sweets, cookies, rice, potato and sweet drinks. Any meats, sausages, fats, fish veggies are with no limits. Do you like this diet? It's very filling, I use it for many years and can lose or keep weight in check
  • rindysue2005
    rindysue2005 Posts: 1 Member
    I’m back on track doing by diet and watching what I eat with my fitness logging foods. Question, I can’t recall the % of carbs/fats/protein I need to set it up with?
  • RCPV
    RCPV Posts: 342 Member
    edited March 2020
    @ryany230498, that's quite a bit of weight to lose in a short period of time. Plug your stats into MFP in the goals section and you'll see that you're going to have to have quite a large deficit to make that kind of weight loss. VLCDs (very low calorie diets) should really only be used for very short periods of time and only under the direction of a doctor. Please consult yours before you try to lose that kind of weight in only 3 months.

Is there any way you can push your physical out further to give yourself more time to lose the weight and get into shape?

P.S. No judgement here - this is concern, not criticism.