Calories

Options
I’m having trouble finding low calorie foods for dinner .. I have been eating protein and salad and veggies since I have started this and I get burnt out easily.. Any help would be appreciated

Replies

• MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    try ‘healthy choice simply frozen meals’, they are not that bad at all. the one i had tonight (grilled chicken with broccoli alfredo) was only 190 calories, plus i added a magic pop with apple butter spread on the side for only 35 more calories..

• hawksfan1026
    hawksfan1026 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal is 2000 and my overall goal is weight loss and my main calorie divide is minimal at breakfast and main are divided through lunch and breakfast .. I’m a construction worker so I’m very active
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal is 2000 and my overall goal is weight loss and my main calorie divide is minimal at breakfast and main are divided through lunch and breakfast .. I’m a construction worker so I’m very active

If you're very active, are you sure that 2,000 is an appropriate calorie goal for you?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,970 Member
    Options

If you're very active, are you sure that 2,000 is an appropriate calorie goal for you?

This AND, you don't have to eat low calorie foods. 2000 sounds low for your level of activity (job.)

Eat the food you like, find a way to cut back where you can - like less cheese, less mayo, carrots instead of chips, chicken instead of burgers, etc.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Was your previous diet so poor that simply eating smaller portions of the food you enjoy wasn't an option?

2,000 cals seems very low for a construction worker.
    Have you picked the right activity level?
    Have you picked a sensible and sustainable rate of weight loss?

Not going to extremes in both food choices and size of calorie deficit could well help prevent burnout.
  • hawksfan1026
    Options
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    My daily diary

Are you selecting food already input by users? Items you are selecting might not be accurate.
  • hawksfan1026
    Options
    No these are all inputs by hand not preselected
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    No these are all inputs by hand not preselected

Do you use a food scale?
  • hawksfan1026
    Options
    No
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I like oatmeal for breakfast and hard-boiled eggs during the day. I eat a normal dinner. I keep fruit with me for energy. The oatmeal is great all the way to lunch and the eggs are a great protien boost at lunch. The fruit provides quick energy. I mix up other stuff in there to make sure I get a balanced diet. My calorie goal is 1800. I'm 175 lbs but seditary job with big gym burns.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options

This AND, you don't have to eat low calorie foods. 2000 sounds low for your level of activity (job.)

Eat the food you like, find a way to cut back where you can - like less cheese, less mayo, carrots instead of chips, chicken instead of burgers, etc.

What do you think is an appropriate calorie goal for a highly active job walking lifting moving boxes for 8 hours? The busier it is the more walking ( 5-10 miles) it’s only walking in a straight line. This made me curious