Replies

• LaReinaDeCorazones
    LaReinaDeCorazones Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Stevia
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    If it doesn't have calories (or minimal) then I am not fussy. I have them all in various products.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Depends on calorie/macro goals. I sometimes use artificial sweeteners, sometimes use sugar brown or white and sometimes use honey....
  • estherpotter1
    estherpotter1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    stevia or equal or splenda.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,995 Member
    Options
    On my breakfast cereal: sugar.

In coffee- nothing

Occasionally in tea: honey.

I do also drink diet soda like pepsi max.
  • ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,842 Member
    Options
    Stevia drops for tea, yoghurt, oatmeal, etc. For baking I just follow the recipe and use sugar, honey, molasses, or maple syrup. But I tend to choose less sweet items to bake anyway.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    MrsSylvie wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    While I do have a wide range of sugars, I mostly use regular sugar. I use Zulka Morena in my tea and regular white sugar in baking.

I also have:
    • Demerara
    • Coconut
    • Honey
    • Agave
    • Xylitol (second brand gave me headaches so it's just sitting in the cabinet)
    • Probably more :lol:

I've stopped buying brown sugar - I get molasses in bulk and add 1 T to 1 C white sugar to make brown sugar.

LOL i remember my first time using Xylitol! i was told it was the same as cane sugar sweetness wise, so i used 2 tbsps of it in each mugs of coffee the first day using it. i don’t remember if i had a headache, just remember having an unplanned long hmm detoxing night :'( they should have warnings on that stuff for us dodoheads that don’t research recommended foods we know nothing about first, i sure do now lol

I think that happened to my brother, too. Y'all use a lot more sugar than I do ;) I use less than a teaspoon (for tea.)

Funny thing, I had no issues with the first brand, Xyla - the headaches were with Anthony's, a brand I like for other products. Both brands make their xylitol from North American hardwood.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Stevia
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I don't like honey in coffee, but I like it in tea. I like my coffee "untainted" by any other flavor, including sugar and honey. Tea, I'll usually have it with no sweetener but I don't mind having it with a sweetener. When I do have it with a sweetener, if I want the taste of honey I have it with honey, if I want it sweetened I have it with sugar (honey would add too many calories to achieve the same level of sweetness). If I want it sweetened but don't want to spend calories I'll have it with liquid sucralose (same kind of sweetener as Splenda). I won't ever use stevia even if it's the last sweetener on earth because I really hate the aftertaste.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I love honey but don't like it in tea. It changes the flavor too much. I DO like demerara (not turbinado as I mentioned upthread) because the very slight molasses flavor seems to bring out the flavor of the tea. I never liked sweetener in my tea until I was in Ireland. The tea was brewed nice and strong so it needed a bit of help and everywhere was the golden sugar which I found out later was demerara.

Another who won't use stevia because of the bitterness.
  • hawksgirl229
    hawksgirl229 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I use splenda but I'm trying to be more mindful of my daily intake.