omfg, An Amazing NSV!

Options
Well, to me anyways! I was in a crappy mood earlier today and posted about how I have been stuck at 180. The past two months pretty much I have been stuck right there. BUT I went down a size, so you know its fat...WELL.
I went to the mall today looking for a purse, saw some places were having great sales...thank you labor day weekend.
I went to american eagle. Now, I have been there, loved the clothes, only to be able to buy like, a hat....and stuff for my husband.
Tonight I walked in there, got two size 14 jeans (january I was a 20) a sweatshirt, two tank tops, a beanie, and a sweater..... the sweater I had to buy an XL, BUT everything else was a large....and size 14.
Like, wtf..i ididnt even try them on, I did when i came home, and when i put the first outfit on, I almost cried...seriously. I know that sounds ridiculous. But never in my adult life (i was thin when i was younger but never allowed to pick my own clothes,,,) have I been able to spend money on nice clothes that fit me well and i loved...and it was fun! NOT frustrating, not discouraging, it made me feel SO good.

Until tonight, I had felt like I didnt look any different, despite everyday seeing people I know and them saying how i look totally different.

what an awesome first NSV. sorry for the length, im just seriously amazed, lol!!!!!

Replies

• CindiBryce
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep up your good work.
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    That's funny, I just got finished reading your other post about being stuck. I'm glad you're perked up. Maybe this will help you with regaining your motivation. Best of luck.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Options
    Yay, that is AWESOME :)
  • future_marathoner
    future_marathoner Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    That is so inspiring! Im so happy for you! What a great accomplishment!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Soooo happy for you!!! WTG girlie!!!!
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I am so very happy for you!!!!! Congratulations on this huge victory!!!! Keep up the great work!!! :happy:
  • Heatherbledsoe
    Heatherbledsoe Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!! I SO needed it! It feels so good :)
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Congrats both on losing the weight and for treating yourself! You've earned it :-)
  • Michelle_M2002
    Michelle_M2002 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    How amazing!!!

I can't wait until I'm down a few more sizes and get to go buy new clothes!!

Awesome job!! Keep it up!

God bless!
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Oh i am so proud of you for hitting that smaller size. Sometimes, for me, the numbers are intimidating. I keep wanting to buy a size 20 even though its too big.... i never thought i would say a size of any sort was TOO BIG. Had to force myself to actually wear some size 18 clothes to work. Now, I'm looking forward to getting into 16s and onward. Sounds like youre heading in the right direction and making HUGE strides :))))
  • unequalstars13
    unequalstars13 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am so inspired by your story! I cannot wait to have an experience like that myself.
  • kristarablue
    Options
    so proud of you and what a great victory for you...wow, so proud of you
  • Jarvis95
    Jarvis95 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! that's an awesome story!!! buying cute clothes is the best :D great to hear that you're feeling and looking so great in them :D
  • Nuts4play
    Nuts4play Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Amazing day!!! Congratulations! I hope you have many more feel-good moments like that :D
  • MeganMac17
    MeganMac17 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You must feel amazing! Such an inspiration- keep up the great work!!!!
  • thoma74
    thoma74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    That is so great Heather! Reading it brought a smile to my face. Thank you for your post and inspiration to the rest of us!
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! So awesome! Clothing is a great motivator for us women. I can't wait to shrink my way out of my clothes. The smallest I've been was down to a 12 and it felt amazing. I gained the weight back unfortunately but now I'm here to lose weight the right way!

Again, congrats on the NSV! Definitely a win!
  • mzjessicab
    mzjessicab Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Heather that is awesome!
  • sumastorm
    Options
    A wonderful victory for you :))
  • Heatherbledsoe
    Heatherbledsoe Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Oh i am so proud of you for hitting that smaller size. Sometimes, for me, the numbers are intimidating. I keep wanting to buy a size 20 even though its too big.... i never thought i would say a size of any sort was TOO BIG. Had to force myself to actually wear some size 18 clothes to work. Now, I'm looking forward to getting into 16s and onward. Sounds like youre heading in the right direction and making HUGE strides :))))
    EXACTLY! I keep forgetting im smaller by 50lbs, lol.
    Its like, i see the 14, or whatever, i look at it and say, "thats NOT going to fit" then dont buy anything at all because im so discouraged. The other day GAP didnt have a size 16 in jeans i wanted, so i was like "well ill just try on 14 and it wont fit but i will see how much more ihave to go and i might buy them for motivation"
    ummmmm, they fit! In between 16 and 14, I hadnt lost any weight, so I was shocked, and found out by accident. Kind of thought it was a fluke to be honest, but nope, today i bought some jeans in size 14.
    I told my husband i want to go back and buy more clothes, he says I can, lol :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!