Feeling Worse After Losing Weight.

Options
13»

Replies

• MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I've not read the other responses but it sounds like you are burning much more than you should versus what you are consuming. You can exercise too much and if you aren't fueling that extra calorie burn it will leave you sluggish.
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I need some opinions or stories or whatever, please!

I started eating better/exercising last summer. Ate 1200 calories for a long time, am halfway through my weight goal. Saw a dietitian at the college I go to for a school project and she calculated that I needed to eat 1500 calories now. Been doing that, logging off and on, ran a 5k last weekend, and am running 3x a week now because I want this subcutaneous fat GONE!

My problem is that despite the fact that I am halfway to my goal weight, I am feeling WORSE. I am tired 24/7, my anxiety/depression problems that disappeared are back (and intense/worse), low to non-existent libido, I'm having a hard time focusing on my studies (when I read, I can't focus on words and my eyes are jumping all over the place), and I just feel like crap about myself. I haven't weighed myself since my visit to the dietitian a couple of months ago. I don't log on here every day, but since starting I have a very good general idea of what to eat and what not to eat. It's really bumming me out that I'm not "feeling better" like everyone said I would. I feel sluggish, depressed, and like a pile of crap all the time. I am in counseling doing CBT and don't take antidepressants.

Should I be seeing my doctor? (I do have health insurance so I can.) Or is this normal to feel this way halfway through your goal? Any help is appreciated! (I know you guys aren't medical professionals, but I am concerned that despite my 25 lb weight loss, I am feeling the opposite of what science/medicine/common knowledge says I should be feeling.)

1500 sounds too low. You definitely need to eat more. By the way I had pretty much all these symptoms when I was undereating. Infact I was eating 1750 calories and it was still undereating. The symptoms went away when I increased my calories to 2000. Also you could be eating less than you think because of your inconsistency. Log everything and eat 200 calories more.
  • AquaMeow
    AquaMeow Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Up your carb with healthy carbs like potatoes or whole grain bread
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,624 Member
    Options
    ncvn2j6j3lei.jpg