Adrenal Fatigue/Exhaustion

Options
Anyone else dealing with this and how are you doing balancing little or no exercise and still losing weight. Also, anyone heard of a good adrenal diet?

Replies

• mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Anyone else dealing with this and how are you doing balancing little or no exercise and still losing weight. Also, anyone heard of a good adrenal diet?

Don't know abotu an adrenal diet... Basically if you're experiencing adrenal fatigue it can be related to stress, poor diet / undereating, and / or too much exercise.

Take a step back and evaluate your stress, see if there's anything you can improve. Stay away from stressors if possible.
    Make sure you're eating right. I know I see a lot of people on here that eat 1200 calories religiously that should be eating more.
    Evaluate how much you exercise.
  • macylane4
    Options
    . Stay away from stressors if possible.

How do you do that? I can't get away from stress for the life of me!
  • dihar2
    dihar2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your post. I have been dealing with AE for quite some time and would like to know what others are doing that I might not be as well as share my success so as to help others. You are soooo right about stress. No. 1 killer
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your post. I have been dealing with AE for quite some time and would like to know what others are doing that I might not be as well as share my success so as to help others. You are soooo right about stress. No. 1 killer

Interesting, you really need to take a step back and look at what's going on then. Adrenal Fatigue can lead to serious issues. I'm not entirely familiar with how it affects women but in men it can lead to Testosterone dysfunction among other things; I living proof of that one. See your doctor for sure.
  • cmisty2001
    Options
    There's a new book released "Are You Tired and Wired" about adrenal fatigue that I've just begun to read. It's in different sections regarding emotional stressors and reframing your response, diet and exercise. Much of it so far is aligning with the diagnosis I've received from my MD/RN and what they are having me do. Most MD's will not recognize it as a condition unless it's at the extremes of Cushings or Addisson's.