Trying to do this

Options
I hate this weight that I’ve gained. I can’t fit into my clothes. I feel ugly. Ugh. I feel
Like I’m always starting over. Why is this so hard?

Replies

• SilentVoice180
    SilentVoice180 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey. I completely get where you're coming from. At my heaviest I weighted 264lbs. I'm down 14.4 lbs right now. Two years ago I managed to lose 69lbs and weighed in at 169lbs. I was so proud of myself, but my mother died and gained all of it back and more. I hate that I have to do this all over again, but i did it before so i know i can do it again. I believe in you and you can do this. Feel free to add me on here. We got this!
  • j_Sparks_01
    j_Sparks_01 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. I’m sorry to hear about your mother. I wish you all the best and all the strength to reach your goals.
  • farleydcfan89
    farleydcfan89 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You're definitely not ugly! I sent you a friend request. Let's Chat :)
  • j_Sparks_01
    Options
    Thank you so much. I didn’t receive a request from you.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Do not accept that everyday should be a struggle. Some of what makes the process harder than it should be is us not the process. We think there are a lot of rules to how we should eat and how much exercise is required. You can lose weight with no exercise and eating nothing but snack food all day as long as the day ends in a calorie deficit. This would not be ideal but it is possible.

The other thing we think we must do is be perfect. I know I have foolishly given up so many times after a night of eating too much food. I may have promised that I would start again the next Monday but I do not recall ever restarting that fast. It doesn't matter though. I should have never stopped. There is no way to "wreck" your in short term lapses or binge-like overfeeds. I should know. I have lost a whole lot of weight and I did it imperfectly. I made mistakes and ate too much on some days and other days I decided to just eat maintenance because I either needed it or it was a special occasion. I did lose weight 80 percent of the time though and that got the job mostly done.

If you would like specific advice on how to make things easier please reply and explain some of the things you feel like are making the process hard for you.
  • j_Sparks_01
    Options
    Thanks. I get the process. I gained 7 pounds in 2 days. Everyone’s body is different.
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    People may disagree with me, but when sudden significant weight gain happens I (1) buy a bigger pair of pants and (2) make a doctor appointment. No reason to feel uncomfortable and self-blaming. Seven pounds in 2 days would kinda scare me.