Starting Over Again

Hello. I was on hear a few years back, and with the support from here I managed to lose 69lbs. Then my mother died and I gained it all back and more. I got up to my heaviest weight of 264lbs. I hated myself for gaining the weight that I worked so hard to lose. My mother was so proud of me. I feel like I let myself down, but more importantly I feel like I let her down. I've had alot of health issues recently and lost some weight from not being able to eat. As bad as that was it give me the motivation to try to start losing this weight again. I'm down 14.4 lbs. so far. I could use some encouragement for when I feel like giving up. I love this community and seeing everyone's success. It's very motivating. I know I can do this again. I believe in everyone who has succeeded then failed. It happens. It's okay. Just get back up and try again.

Replies

• jenniferkidwell
    jenniferkidwell Posts: 3 Member
    You can do it! It is very hard! I struggle almost daily and gained 20 lbs back! I’m going to try to lose it again!
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 891 Member
    Me too, the definition of a yoyo dieter and at 61 you would think I had a handle on it..but I do not.
  • darlingdearlove
    darlingdearlove Posts: 8 Member
    I gained back 15 pounds, not much but my God does it feel like tons more as I'm really sedentary from depression, we can all do this and the proof is that we've done it before, so we know for a fact it's possible.
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    You can do this!
  • SilentVoice180
    SilentVoice180 Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you everyone!
  • nasr25
    nasr25 Posts: 214 Member
    Was 220 lbs lost the weight went down to 185 never felt better in my life. Then my younger brother died he was suffering from depression and couldn’t take it anymore. That destroyed me cause he kept it hidden and never told me. Went all the way to 300 pounds I am currently at 282.9 pounds. Anyone feel free to add me. We definitely can do this we tasted success before and we won’t settle for anything less.
  • kathsk53
    kathsk53 Posts: 58 Member
    Getting in the right headspace is half of the battle we can do this good luchywith your journey
  • HisLadyBug83
    HisLadyBug83 Posts: 11 Member
    edited March 2020
    I lost about 40 lbs a few years ago and gained about 15 to 20 back. I decided to try and lose again. It's been a rollercoaster of emotions. I try really hard to stay positive and put on a smile for everyone around me, but there are times when I feel so crushed and defeated. This morning for instance, I gained 1.8 lbs when I weighed myself. Not long after, I was sitting on the couch when I heard my husband getting up. I quickly tried to dry my tears, but he caught me. I hate for my family to see me like that. I want them to think of me as strong and determined. Anyway, this community has been a huge help to me with all the encouragement. I believe if we don't give up we will get through this and we will succeed!! Good luck to everyone!!