Looking for low carb cronies!

Options
zpetjxg9hvk5.jpeg
I’m just starting out on a low carb/low sugar gut restoration diet after a recent intestinal infection. I also gained 15lbs over my illness, so hoping to lose some weight too! Hoping to find others living the low carb life for eating ideas and support. Let’s be buddies!!!

Replies

• taxidermygirl513
    taxidermygirl513 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That looks delish!
  • janstewart62
    janstewart62 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    what is it?
  • cayladebra
    cayladebra Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My low carb chicken parmesan. Slow roasted chicken thigh, olive oil, parsley, basil, thyme, oregano, sliced mushroom, diced tomatoes pan fried until hot. Grated parmesan cheese melted on top.
  • fdlewenstein
    fdlewenstein Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Can you give more direction on how you created the chick parmesan? I eat low carb and use a lot of KETO recipes, that they don't always work for me.
  • cayladebra
    cayladebra Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Can you give more direction on how you created the chick parmesan? I eat low carb and use a lot of KETO recipes, that they don't always work for me.

I use a slowcooker to make 5 chicken thighs for meal prep and save the broth.
    I use 2 cups water, 1 tbsp evoo, salt and pepper to taste, 1/2 tbsp freeze dried basil, 1/2 tbsp oregano, 1/2 tbsp onion powder. Cook on high until easily broken apart, usually 2-3 hrs.

Chicken Parmesan (single meal)
    1 precooked thigh
    2 Tbsp precooked broth
    1 tbsp EVOO
    1/2 cup drained diced tomatoes, Hunts
    1/2 cup sliced white mushroom
    4 tbsp grated parmesan cheese, use your preference you could use more or less
    1 tsp freeze dried basil
    2 tsp freeze dried oregano
    1 tsp freeze dried parsley
    1 tsp thyme
    Salt and pepper to taste.

One medium heat add EVOO to a small skillet with mushroom and tomato for approx. 5 minutes. Place chicken thigh in center of pan and add broth and seasonings, cover and heat on med/low heat occasionally stirring and flipping chicken. After about 10 minutes, reduce heat, sprinkle parmesan on top and cover until cheese is melted. Then plate.

You could potentially just increase quantities to make bulk meal, but I am the only one that eats mushrooms in my house so it doesnt work for me.